ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just picked up a my Monaco Blue 172 (53 plate) / exhaust question....

Monaco 172
Hello all,

As above, just got my 172 but have an exhaust related question....

The previous owner had the rear box and centre section replaced with standard (Apparently) parts, however its chuffin loud! I have had a butchers underneath and it all looks stock to me but it sure dont sound it.

I'm not complaining as its got a lovely note to it but I was wondering if there is any off the shelf stuff that looks OE but isnt if you get me?

Rob

Clio 172 cup
Yes, some aftermarket sports exhausts for the clio have a 'stealth' backbox so it is hidden away under the rear bumper like the standard jobbie

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
pictures?

mine was quite loud on the standard exhaust actually. I think my brand new mild steel stealth might be a bit quieter LOL. Not quite what I expected tbh

PB Clio 172
K-tec do an exhaust which looks standard but isnt

saying that I have a OEM exhaust and its got a loud 'note' still!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
My original kwik fit jobbie that the previous owner put on was boomy as f**k, so it could be a pattern part exhaust.

Monaco 172
Well this is what is fitted.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMzctMjAxMjAyMTUtMTgzMS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMzgtMjAxMjAyMTUtMTgzMS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMzktMjAxMjAyMTUtMTgzMS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDAtMjAxMjAyMTUtMTgzMS5qcGc.jpg

I have noticed that the cold feed to the standard airbox is not connected due to a larger battery being fitted (i'm working on rectifying this one) atleast that may cure some of the induction noise.

Monaco 172
Well i'ts gonna have to do for now as i'm on a budget (wedding coming up) unless something comes up at the rite price ;)