ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just ordered my Rs Tuner Kit

Elise S1 B&C 140
Finally bit the bullet today and ordered it. Really looking forward to getting it and having a play about with the software.

I was thinking of using the groupN.rst, followed by the 98Ron.cal files i have no other mods (engine wise) except the acoustic valve removed.

Any one got any suggestions

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Finally bit the bullet today and ordered it. Really looking forward to getting it and having a play about with the software.

I was thinking of using the groupN.rst, followed by the 98Ron.cal files i have no other mods (engine wise) except the acoustic valve removed.

Let us know how you get on with it all and the improvements gained. I've been so close to buying one of these for the past month!

172 A Cupwork Orange™

Dont bother with the groupN.rst would be my advice stick with the 98ron.cal you wont get no gains using the groupN unless you start to go for serious engine,exhause and breathing mods, Best thing do do is email henk tell him what you have done mod wise to your car and he will tell you the best one to use, but i know exactly already what he will say ;)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d

Dont bother with the groupN.rst would be my advice stick with the 98ron.cal you wont get no gains using the groupN unless you start to go for serious engine,exhause and breathing mods, Best thing do do is email henk tell him what you have done mod wise to your car and he will tell you the best one to use, but i know exactly already what he will say ;)

I have a full system and K&N panel. Would you go for 98ron tune or group n tune? (maybe addition of a decat too)

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
I've just purchased a kit as well. Should be fun... haven't even looked into how to work it yet

What is the difference between the standard and pro versions (is the pro worth having if all you will be doing is loading maps?) I take it for a 172 ph2 you would order the clio2 kit?

Iceburg 172FF
What is the difference between the standard and pro versions (is the pro worth having if all you will be doing is loading maps?) I take it for a 172 ph2 you would order the clio2 kit?

the only difference with the pro is you can use a wideband sensor with it. but if all your doing is loading maps then the standard one is brill, thats what i have.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Im very intrested in how this works etc, what is the 98 ron map:S would someone be kind enough to explain the pros and cons to this kit, I have decated the cup along with a cda, plan an exhaust system when i can afford it, would it be worth my while purchasing one? :)

182 cup
I can’t compare but I’m sure it’s the next best thing to having the car mapped on a rolling road, I suppose that also depends on who’s mapping it.

Custom tailored is the way to go, you get cal files written for your car, its well worth the money.

Living in the colonies especially Western Australia you really don’t have much choice.

its very easy to use, i ordered mine last sunday, turned up thursday, was out mapping the car thursday night. its a great bit of kit, i need a new sensor for the manifold which it keep telling me.

cruise control didnt work at first, quick email to Henk and he put a new .cal file on his site which solved the problem.

Excellent bit of kit for falt codes, tests and remaps. you can keep remapping the car as he updates his maps and get custom maps. Soooo much cheaper than a £295 map or £395 custom RR map from UK tuners.

R35 GTR
Does this kit allow adjustment of fuelling or ignition? Or is it just a case of loading a generic map from henk?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Im really not clued up on this sort of thing, so im going to start from scratch with this, when people say they have just had there car mapped, what does this mean? What has been done? this probably sounds stupid, im more clued up on my old Vauxhalls:eek:

Renaultsport Clio 197
any chance of fcuking up something if not used correctly ? :eek:

i'll probably get one after I fit the exhaust and maxogen, and send Henk my "file" to have a go at it :)

theres not a lot of chance of messing it up. as long as you back up your ECU first then you have no worries.

I didnt get a custom map, im just using the files on Henks website, i might get one in a few months when iv made my mind up what i want to do with the engine.

Renaultsport Clio 197
i was just looking at the manual and I got to the part "LIVE DATA GRAPH"

here it shows Engine rpm, absolute pressure, manifold absolute pressure, throttle position, knock signal, ignition advance etc...

But in order to connect your car with the rs tuner via laptop here is what you must do

On vehicle with key
- turn on ignition with key
- press 'Connect' when ready

On vehicle with keycard
- place keycard in cardholder
- press & hold start/stop button for more then 5 seconds until ignition comes on [engine must not start]
- press 'Connect' when ready

Am I stupid, but how can it show all those values and parameters (above in bold) if the engine is not running ? for example, engine rpm, knock signal, fuel etc...

Renaultsport Clio 197
btw, I just looked better, I think those values are loaded from the ECU and there is a TIMESCALE thay you can go trough below.
So it's probably like looking at a LOG or something.Maybe I'm wrong lol

btw, performance analyzer is a great option.

The PA is now activated and waits for the throttle WOT trigger to start collecting performance data.
Start driving and accelerate slowly to 3th gear, now press the accelerator pedal to the floor from low revs down. When it is time to shift to higher gear release the accelerator pedal. PA will automatically abort collecting data.

Do this when the car is stock, and then after some mods and you'll see if you've got any gains.
Not as accurate as a dyno for BHP but good at checking for gains

PH1 172 Sport

Whats the difference between the two?? I'm very tempted to buy one but the only mod that i have is a itg filter!!

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Im really not clued up on this sort of thing, so im going to start from scratch with this, when people say they have just had there car mapped, what does this mean? What has been done?

ST
Im really not clued up on this sort of thing, so im going to start from scratch with this, when people say they have just had there car mapped, what does this mean? What has been done?

Having your car mapped means that the ECU has been changed from the original manufacurer settings mate, the rev limit can be changed, fueling etc.

People like RS Tuning, Dastek, Ktec all do it, the 'RS Tuner Kit' is pretty much DIY mapping with the extra advantage of being able to change the map when you feel like for new mods/faults etc.

R35 GTR
Still not clear wether this is actually diy mapping or just loading a new file?

For n/a cars a slight tweek by henk over email would be quite sufficient. But I need to know if you can adjust the fuelling yourself.

172 cup
Do insurance companies need to be informed?

So a remap on a fairly standard 172 will just spead out the power and torque more efficiently then?

PH1 172 Sport
Do insurance companies need to be informed?

So a remap on a fairly standard 172 will just spead out the power and torque more efficiently then?

Technically they should be but how will they ever know??

Supposedly ive just ordered mine so ill find out soon!!

RS RIP

Whats the difference between the two?? I'm very tempted to buy one but the only mod that i have is a itg filter!!

you will need an exhaust to get benefits from any kind of programming.. do'nt bother 'till you get one

PH1 172 Sport
you will need an exhaust to get benefits from any kind of programming.. do'nt bother 'till you get one

Too late!! Anyway the exhuast wont be replaced until it falls off. I'll let everyone know what gains i see with this being the only mod apart from an itg filter.

Elise S1 B&C 140
henk as your online, Ordered mine on Friday looking forward to getting it soon. My 172 is completely standard engine and exhaust wise. What would be the best map to download.

Cheers