ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just lost two wheel nuts

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
was driving along and two of my wheel nuts fell out and the other two were loose

i am sure i tightened the nuts up in fact i went back to check:banghead:

could anything else have caused the wheel nuts to come loose, i checked the threads in the hubs and they are fine, the RAC are on there way to check it out for me though

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Re: just lost two wheel BOLTS

have you made any enimies lately?? i hear they cause wheel bolts to come loose!

Yea if theres excess paint on the wheel - hub face then the nuts are tight until the paint flakes off. Same applies with corrosion on the hub face.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
maybe i put too much copper grease on my hubs between the spacer

I had 6mm spacers, used standard bolts, tightened them up, alloy spacer cracked. Wheel came off doing around 5mph after pulling away from a traffic light. Never again tbh. Needed a new hub and disk ruined the wheel arch liner, wing and cracked my front bumper, also bent the fook out of the sill. Car was very low so didn't even have far to fall to the ground.

I would really suggest taking them off.

^^ this is genuine, bought the spacers from halfrauds because after fitting coilies the wheels where only slightly catching the inside edge. They where like cheap die cast aluminum ones and weren't hubcentric. Learnt the hard way lol.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
my bolts are longer than standard and the nice RAC man made sure they were correctly torqued, i was doing 60mph so i think i was very lucky