ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just joined the Racing Blue club!

JB

RB 182 Cup
Picked her up with my dad this afternoon!

Over the moon with it, I kept thinking whilst I was searching the internet that I should be buying an old S3 or something jap and RWD but I've always loved RB and this one is a minter, just needs a splitter and I'm away.

The lad I bought it off has done just 8000 miles in 2 and a half years, I'm the 3rd owner. Everytime I looked in my rear view mirror on the way home the colour and the stripes put a big smile on my face, as did the ghetto lights ;)

Oh and LOL at the interior! It really is gash! But that's how I want it ;)

Just some crappy iPhone pics atm but I'll start up a project thread when I start making some changes.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Tut Tut using a mobile at the petrol station!

Looks mint though.

JB

RB 182 Cup
The car needed some petrol and that was the only chance I got haha. My dad drove it home.

Going to sit on my GFs drive until I sell my 172 however as there's really no point me running 2 RSs

Got a lot of looks driving through town which I like to think were admiring but in reality were probably people just staring at the middle aged man driving a bright blue Clio!

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
LOL, i had a deposit on this but couldnt sell my car in time. Enjoy it dude :cool:

JB

RB 182 Cup
Tut Tut using a mobile at the petrol station!

Looks mint though.
But the iPhone is so much more than just a phone :rolleyes:

Thanks though!

A2H GO said:
LOL, i had a deposit on this but couldnt sell my car in time. Enjoy it dude :cool:
Ah unlucky mate.

I was fortunate enough to have the money without selling my other car and didn't want to wait as it looked and drove mint, got the price down a bit on the splitter and a scratched rim which is good.

DB.

BMW 440i
Its also 4 years newer, worth more, lower mileage, prettier colour! Lol

Very nice!!

JB

RB 182 Cup
Nice.

But like I said in another thread I can't see the point in changing from a MK2 172 to a 182.
Yep, this is a bit gay but I was thinking of what you said when I was looking at 182s lol.

I know it's more of the same (kind of) as opposed to an upgrade but I like Clios and had no desire for anything else.

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
But the iPhone is so much more than just a phone :rolleyes:

Thanks though!

Ah unlucky mate.

I was fortunate enough to have the money without selling my other car and didn't want to wait as it looked and drove mint, got the price down a bit on the splitter and a scratched rim which is good.

First come with the money, first serve at the end of the day. Yeh i noticed it needed a splitter, overdue a service too and its the belts one. Make sure you get them done :)

172 cup
Very nice mate, make sure you get some more pics up. Mind you i'm sure i'll see you out and about in it soon enough.

JB

RB 182 Cup
Nice work Joe, you don't hang about! We'll see you on Wednesday :)
Thanks! See you tomorrow ;)

Dicaniocup said:
Very nice mate, make sure you get some more pics up. Mind you i'm sure i'll see you out and about in it soon enough.
I'll be burning up Commercial road impressing all the girls with me racing stripes lol. My dad was a bit embarrassed but it soon got dark! Sad to see the Flamer go though as it's a gorgeous colour :(

Guppy said:
Nice!

You putting the buckets in it?
Yeh I probably will be doing, the GF gets a couple of weeks respite in the 'comfy' chairs before I get annoyed at the stupid ride height and sack off the OEM seats for my Bimarcos!

How are yours holding up btw? You going on the driving meet in early feb?

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
welcome to the RB club

Got a lot of looks driving through town which I like to think were admiring but in reality were probably people just staring at the middle aged man driving a bright blue Clio!

lol i get that, they notice the car and then their expressions change when they see me driving (39 years young :cool:) with the mrs next to me and our youngest in the back...............we've got a scenic as a family car but the mrs prefers going out in mine

Audi TT 3.2
welcome to the club! looks in good shape. as said get a splitter and you on to a winner

Welcome to the club, there seem to be fookin' hundreds of us!
I remember that feeling of driving home and seeing people look at the colour and stripes as I drove along!

RB & LY 182
Welcome Mate!

Where did you buy this from??

bet it was allot of £ with that kind of mileage i bought myn on 26k in september its now done 31k

i haven't got the stripes but getting tempted.......

Evo 8 MR
Nice one, can I ask how your dad has insured himself to drive it though? There has to be a policy on the car for him to be able to drive it third party right?

Only asking as I'll be doing something similar fairly soon but unsure of which way to go about it.

JB

RB 182 Cup
Nice one, can I ask how your dad has insured himself to drive it though? There has to be a policy on the car for him to be able to drive it third party right?

Only asking as I'll be doing something similar fairly soon but unsure of which way to go about it.
It is a temporary policy (think it's a few months) and is dirt cheap because of his age and NCB but we might cancel it as it's off the road (we have to park our cars on the road at mine and are only allowed 2 permits). If it was at mine it would just collect tickets. as I've currently got the 172 and my parents have their car.

I'm going to write to the council to see if they'll let us dig a driveway (ours is the only house on the street without one...) because it's a nightmare trying to park in the day as all the shoppers come in and cars do occasionally suffer vandalism. This will probably never happen but I can try.

Hope that works out, otherwise it's just been driven with no insurance. :mad:

Corsa Van. Meh.
I would love an RB but can't seem to find one that isn't a cup. Not that's in my budget anyway. Looks lovely mate, although I prefer it without the stripes.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
here you go have this for a screen saver
clio-for-web.jpg

JB

RB 182 Cup
here you go have this for a screen saver
That's lush mate thanks! Did you draw it? Have you got a larger version? :eek:

Craig172. said:
Great colour choice mate, just get some HIDs & your sorted
Will the standard headlight clusters take HIDs as in just the bulb or would I need the voltage booster that usually comes with them (not sure what it's called exactly)

A few more pics, it got snowed on today:

...ok well one as imageshack refuses to upload my other photos

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I got it a few years back and the car was red, I did the RB theme stripes and Cliosport sticker but am afraid this is the biggest I have.

The RB looks good mate. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh, when we get our mitts on it in the workshop ;) . Have you decided what to do with the OMP wheel yet?
As said before, with a carbon splitter, your sexy Bimarcos fitted and an HID kit you'll be away lad!
Have you made any moves on selling the 172 yet?