ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just got thease do i need spacers?

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
just got my set of 16" RS alloys and put them ontoday... with the wheel at full lock left it sounds like its grinding on somthing, i asked a "motorworld as its the only place open and he seems to think nothing is wrong, i belive its very close to the suspension, i no about spacers but ill give you the details and if any one has the intel. can you let me know what i need to do thanks lads n ladies...

car: clio 1.4 16v 2000reg (w) (etoile model)

pic of alloys

thanks for any info

PS is it safe to drive in a straight line? or safe in genral lol

BMW M135i
Yes you'll want spacers, they'll rub on the back unless you fit 5mm. And they looks best on 15mm all round imo. Longer bolts will be needed for 15mm spacers remember!

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
wheres the best place to get them im on a budget ya see and i dont want to be spending another 100 notes ideally. im sire its the front nearside wheel rubbing

would a 5mm all round do it lmaoo there cheaper for hubcentrics

BMW M135i
Still 100 notes for so for some FK hubcentrics + bolts, although at the end of the day there wheels you need to do it right.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
y do i need hubcentrals? im not going to be racing or going to shows, can you tell me the cheapest way to stop the rubbing with spacers.... would 5mm non hubcentral spacers all round do the trick plus all hub central do is slot over the hub makign it central ... if i wanted to be anal i could just measure the edges before tightning it up surely?

BMW M135i
You want hubcentrics as the clio uses wheels bolts instead of studs so the load is placed on the hub centre, so you need spacers that fit the hub as a wheel would and offer the same lip for the wheel to sit on.
Otherwise theres the risk that the wheels might come off should the bolts break/undo with the load placed on them.

Mine rub a bit on full lock..unless its scraping rubber off I wouldn't worry too much..
or you could move to Rome.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
lmao, good advice, i mean the rome bit.... i think its rubbin nere the supension not the arch side, so ideally i need spacers... how i tell is its fouling on the rears?

lmao, good advice, i mean the rome bit.... i think its rubbin nere the supension not the arch side, so ideally i need spacers... how i tell is its fouling on the rears?

You could go for 10mm on the front and 15mm on the back..will look peachy.

Heres a b4 and after..when I got carried away..lol (took them off a week later)
008.jpg
014.jpg

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
that looks a tad illegal lol,,, tbh i dont think the back are bad at all,,, ive found soem eibach 10mm set of 4 hub centric with bolts for 88 deleverd from the main dealer had to ring them but thats a really good deal so might go for that

Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.0
anyone know a good place to get 5mm spacers for the clio i just bought same wheels as these and dont want to put thm on until iv got the spacers im picking wheels up tomorrow would halfords stock hubcentric spacers for a clio ?

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
halfords do not stock hubcentric... ive been on the phone to eibach and theve told me the rrp for 2 5mm with a 60.1 CB are 26.43 so dont pay more than this for them ... everywhere is sellin them at like 40 a pair and im just not paying it so im gona get from the net, ... if i get a decent price ill pm u as i got a guy ringing me back 2morow about them direct from eibach, if its 5mm u wont get hub centric with the lip just the correct bore size