ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just got some quotes for mods on insurance..

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Oh right, maybe it's another modified insurer i'm thinking of that has an age restriction.

I love how relaxed Brentacre are on the phone,
they just don't care what you do to your car as long as you tell them.

Also my renewal was actually cheaper than last years premium.

R26 + EV0 FQ340
Think I'll be giving brentacre a ring come renewal time. I usually leave it to last minute and then just use the cheapest price off confused.

As soon as you mention mods most insurance groups s**t a brick.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'm with brentacre on the focus and I won't be changing from them for a long time.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I see no point in changing either, they always keep my premium around £450 fully comp,
and I know I can do what I want to the car without having to worry about it.

Dan as a bit of useful information.... You don't declare the interior or spoiler if it is a cup/trophy spoiler as they are renault parts.... It helps a lot with price mate trust me :) and insurance is still valid btw aslong as the other mods are declared :) as for alloys go for banded steels ;) they are steel wheels no? :p

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I declared my cup spoiler so I get a new one if it was to get damaged, and all of what you posted are modifications as they were unavailable/not specified on the car as standard.

Not what I was told on here sbridgey... as they are manufacturer specific parts... Not something that were made afterwards like an interior change (or whatever its called on insurance sites) is classed as a custom interior made for that car... Not a renault interior...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
If it wasn't on the car when it left the factory it needs to be declared.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
But your car wasn't made with those bits!

Its like putting a trophy spoiler on a non trophy. Ins company's know the trophy has a bigger spoiler so they adjust the price accordingly your little 1.2 has a small spoiler therefore your committing insurance fraud.

Wether or not the company/assessor will know the difference is another matter.

Is it the same putting trophy Sachs on a 1.2?

Black Sheep
Lol at fraud. But I know what you mean.

I am renewing this month and paying £425 rather than £350 just for declaring 25mm lower and turinis.

Although it is tempting to go for the £350 quote.

But I like the piece of mind of being legit.

As I haven't been in the past, by not declaring and fronting ect.

Until renewal date jaff everything is declared on mine mate, I don't have a trophy or cup spoiler yet... And I was told after renewal that parts like interior etc that were renault parts were fine... If that's wrong its no worries to me mate :) but how do you go about declaring bits like the dash strips being painted etc? Because its not renault standard paint

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Non standard interior. But that's being picky. Stuff like recros in a 1 2 need to be declared.

I don't care wether you tell them or not makes no odds to me but you will be shafted if you don't and the insurance knows what they're doing

Black Sheep
Renault standard paint lol.

I think the line has to be drawn somewhere. I never phoned admiral when I put a bee sting Ariel on and some anti theft dustys on my alloys.

What's next.... " hi is that admiral ".

"yes"

"Just enquiring if it's ok for my car to have crumbs and rubbish lying around in it, as it never came out the factory like that? "

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Not what I was told on here sbridgey... as they are manufacturer specific parts... Not something that were made afterwards like an interior change (or whatever its called on insurance sites) is classed as a custom interior made for that car... Not a renault interior...

Flol at declaring crumbs... 'I think I dropped a chip under my seat and I can't find it?!? Am I still insured?' 'Hold on let me check...' Flol and interior is declared as the sport interior mate as I say but was told on here that it doesn't need to be :/ one second I'll try and find post...

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm with admiral. Need to change come renewal time I think. Brentacre will get a call no doubt. Admiral don't insure ARB do they. I want one of these too. What to do ay.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Flol at declaring crumbs... 'I think I dropped a chip under my seat and I can't find it?!? Am I still insured?' 'Hold on let me check...' Flol and interior is declared as the sport interior mate as I say but was told on here that it doesn't need to be :/ one second I'll try and find post...

tbh i dont think thats as ridiculous as it sounds... i once heard someone was refused a pay out because he had a alluminium petrol cap (may have even been an ally look sticker) and a 8 ball gear stick. reeeeeeeeeediculous

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Btw by law you should declare Absolutely everything, even if you change the head unit. Before you ask, I know this because a mate had his car confiscated last year and what we found out getting it back shocked me.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Btw by law you should declare Absolutely everything, even if you change the head unit. Before you ask, I know this because a mate had his car confiscated last year and what we found out getting it back shocked me.

jizz on the seats and in the glove box?

female 'juices' on the parcel shelf?

small dog corpses in the wheel arches?

Peddled device
182 Cup...Eibach springs, Supersport exhaust,air-filter.....More Than won't touch me....an extra £612 elsewhere ! WTF !