ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got my ICE installed.

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Just picked up my car from Doran yesterday. They installed 2 Kicker S15L7s and a US Amps 2000X along with a 4-channel US Amps TU-4360 amplifier. This thing sounds crazy now. Will get measured soon but they say high 140s maybe 150 dBs. This set-up weighs quite a bit. I can really feel the difference in acceleration. I guess I wont be racing as much now =/.. I try and post some pics soon.

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

I was gonna do it myself, but after trying to find a way to fit the 1/0 gauge cable through the firewall I just said stuff it. Installation is basic, amps behind rear seats and a 4.5 cu.ft. sealed box. Also got an Alumapro 15 Farad capacitor mounted flush inside the rear left quarter panel. But just the sight of the two titanium coated square 15s makes it look special.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Any room left for shopping? LOL.

My Missus was not happy after I fitted all of my kit, but at least I can still get at the spare. Check the Ice Gallery for my install.

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

They charged me $560 for the install. Thats incuding cabling (including 0 gauge power cable), distribution block, connections, box, amp rack, panels etc.

Hey cliocup, thats FIFTEEN (15) FARAD of capacitance. Check out www.alumapro.com. They also make a FIFTY (50) Farad Capacitor.

Jesus Christ, how the hell does your engine still run when you switch that thing on?

Must zap every amp your alternator and battery can supply...

Clio Gtt

you dont need a 15 farad

you could have had a 1 farad on each amp and it would have sounded the same.

out of interest how much did that cap cost?

do you have any pics. i recon you will be hittin mid 150 easy

if you port the box you could get louder but you will lose quality

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Yeah Im struggling with the single optima yellow top. Im thinking of upgrading the alternator but I think you have to take the whole engine out to get to it.

Does anyone know where I can mount a second battery?

I bought the 15 Farad CAP brand new for US$370 on eBay. Ill try and post some pics soon. I was thinking of building a ported box but there is just no room for it. Unless I fold the back seat down and take the bottom piece out.