ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just got an insurance quote for a 182

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
how the hell do you lot my age (19) afford insurance on a sport?! cheapest i've got is £5,600! unbelievable!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
how many years no claims??

I have 3 years no claims and i pay around 600 for mine

but then i also live in a small village, i could leave all the doors open on my car and one of the neighbours would knock on the door to tell me :)

i honestly cant understand how people on here under 20 can insure one..

i had a RIGHT nightmare trying to insure mine at 20 with 2 years no claims and cheapest i could get was 1750, most pleaces were quoting 5k+ or refusing to quote me till im 21..

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
GuyS said:
i honestly cant understand how people on here under 20 can insure one..

i had a RIGHT nightmare trying to insure mine at 20 with 2 years no claims and cheapest i could get was 1750, most pleaces were quoting 5k+ or refusing to quote me till im 21..

yeah..i cant understand it either!
my ex got a quote for a 172 i think, last year..he's 20 and it was like 9k! wtf?!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
Bubbles said:
how many years no claims??

I have 3 years no claims and i pay around 600 for mine

but then i also live in a small village, i could leave all the doors open on my car and one of the neighbours would knock on the door to tell me :)
that sounds cheap!
no years no claims unfortunately, been driving 2 years but on daddy's insurance..

172 Cup
Unless you -

A, Have a money tree (well rich parents)
B, Insure it in someone elses name and add yourself as a named driver
C, Go with an insurance company no-one's ever heard of
D, Have serious restrictions imposed on your policy

It's not really going to happen.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
yellowA said:
no years no claims unfortunately, been driving 2 years but on daddy's insurance..

There you go then...

Dont understand why people go on their parents insurance, yeah it might be cheaper.. but it f***s you in the arse eventually, you gota pay for it sometime :)

Least she has a set of tits that normally good for about a 50% reduction compared to a bloke of the same age/area/experience/NCD etc. Meanwhile we get dryhumped even worse.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
Bubbles said:
There you go then...

Dont understand why people go on their parents insurance, yeah it might be cheaper.. but it f**ks you in the arse eventually, you gota pay for it sometime :)
because at 17 why pay over a grand on a small car when u can get it in ure dads name for less than half the price? if i was working maybe, but im doing my a levels..

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
Loony said:
Least she has a set of tits that normally good for about a 50% reduction compared to a bloke of the same age/area/experience/NCD etc. Meanwhile we get dryhumped even worse.
yeah, true!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
yellowA said:
because at 17 why pay over a grand on a small car when u can get it in ure dads name for less than half the price? if i was working maybe, but im doing my a levels..

Some of us studied, had a job.. did well for ourselves and ran a car :)

i guess if i could get an easy ride id take it.. but as i said you have to pay for it eventually

Direct line now do a thing where if your a named driver on someone elses policy you still get the years no claims, thats pretty cool

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
Bubbles said:
Some of us studied, had a job.. did well for ourselves and ran a car :)

good for you. this isnt about personal matters, was just pointing out that it must be hard for 19 yr olds to be insured on them on here and they must be paying a lot, im not exactly buying one or anything..

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
i dont mind the fact i have to pay for it when im in my 20's, ill be able to afford to pay it then anyway. but for example, on my 1.3 ka..insurance in my own name last year was well over a grand, this year it's only 770, still with no claims discount, im just a year older..so its not all bad! :)

172 Cup
Bubbles said:
Direct line now do a thing where if your a named driver on someone elses policy you still get the years no claims, thats pretty cool

While you're with DL. It doesn't count as traditional no claims once you leave them.

(just wanted to add that :) )

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
ah ok, there quite cheap though? not the same when it comes to renewal time though

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
.Griff. said:
While you're with DL. It doesn't count as traditional no claims once you leave them.

(just wanted to add that :) )
theres always a con!

got a quote with them anyway and it was considerably higher than norwich union who im with atm, so wasnt worth it

172 Cup
Bubbles said:
ah ok, there quite cheap though?

I'm paying £470 (protected no claims) with Direct Line.

It's not a bad price but I'm 28, have 8 years no claims and live in an apartment with walled gardens/secure parking so I'm currently looking for a new insurer.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
.Griff. said:
I'm paying £470 (protected no claims) with Direct Line.

It's not a bad price but I'm 28, have 8 years no claims and live in an apartment with walled gardens/secure parking so I'm currently looking for a new insurer.

Give or take the same as me, £430, secure parking, 13K miles/year, could have had it for around £410 without guaranteed courtesy car etc.

This year was the first time it ever went down on it's own, usually I have to change insurers each year, this was the cheapest quote I could find.

Black 172 MK2
just use an over 19 insurur like adrian flux etc im paying around 1.2k i think at 20 with 2 ync it may be steep but its worth it and a couple of mods declaired

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
im paying 2 grand with no no claims with direct line. and im 21

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Loony said:

Ain't that the truth.

Golf GTI 1.8T
anni as we discovered the other day, even though you live in a nice area, your insurance risk catergory is still high. :) and no way is £5.6k what you should be getting quoted. even I can get it for under 3k. x

Clio 182
At 19 I was working and trying to afford driving lessons, no way could I have afforded to buy a 182, and I didnt get one till I was in my 30's, let alone afford the insurance, I don't know how everyone on here does it!

Maz

LY 200
I got my 182 when I was 25 I couldn't justify paying £1k + on insurance :)

Did you look just out of curiosity or are you thinking about getting one ??

Golf GTI 1.8T
us young'uns have to pay £1k+ :cry:

karen some people have the dollar, if I did I'd have one

Mini Cooper S sport
My first car at about 19/20 was a little Nova, couldn't have afforded to buy and insure a 182 (or whatever the equivalent was then)! I was studying but my part-time job didn't pay much. I think I'd rather start with something small and get some no claims - I'd object to chucking away loads of cash on insurance.

Maz

LY 200
M1TCH said:
us young'uns have to pay £1k+ :cry:

I know what you mean Mitch .. I was young once ;) lol

My first car was a sh!tty 1.3 toyota corolla GL (spelling) cost me £1k to insure that shed .. grrrrrrrrrrrrr hehe :)

172 Cup, Clio 197
yellowA said:
how the hell do you lot my age (19) afford insurance on a sport?! cheapest i've got is £5,600! unbelievable!

I ran a quote for someone on here as a 19 year old with 1 yrs ncb on bell and that was £2668, try doing that then adding your mum or someone with high ncb to the policy

172 Cup, Clio 197
Day said:
That's cos you're a high risk!

Doesn't exactly get cheap when you are 26 either :(

I'm insured under my mrs, shes been driving 6yrs, got 2 yrs ncb, I've been driving 18 mths with no ncb, both accident free and 26, bell quoted us £430 on a cup

1.4 16v dynamique
hi ka lady, i'm 19, 2yrs ncd also my area is erm...lets say "different", cheapest i get off confused.com is 2k on a 182
wouldnt doing pass plus bring it down a bit? or doing IAM?
my insurance came down 60% with norwich union when i said i'd done pass plus

joe :)

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
lol @ ka lady.

nope im not thinking about buying a 182 at all..i just did it out of interest as theres quite a few people my age on here with sports and i just wondered..thats all :) plus..i remember my ex getting an extortionate quote for one last year!

Vee dub
Im paying £500 on my valver at mo :)

Not sure what a Renaultsport would be tbh.. I'm guessing about £800ish from my quotes a while ago.