ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got a phone call....

172cup/ insignia
Just got a phone call of my wifes dad saying my alarm is going off and some w****r has smashed my rear window and damaged my spoiler and put a a deep scrape and a deep dent on the roof were they missed at the first attempt of smashing the window. Just gotta wait for police now and try and stop the alarm from going off every 2 seconds. Really naffed off now :mad:

Anyone know how to knock the internal sensors off r lock the car with no alarm apart from disconnecting battery.

cheers Lee

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Lock it via the passenger door lock. Bad times mate, I hope the scum get whats coming to them

clio 182 black /gold
I think you switch the ignition on and off 3-4 times in a row. Bad news about the damage.

172cup/ insignia
Leeshez i live up on ribblesdale avenue near accrington stanley just waiting on glass people ringing me and then gunna ring insurance and see if its worth claiming as i think the roof will need replacingb and will need a new spoiler to get it back to mint

172cup/ insignia
Then do i claim on insurance which might write it off if it needs a new roof skin are see about gettin fixed outside of insurance

172cup/ insignia
Heres the damage. Im sorry pics are rubbish their off my phone

1st dent.jpg2nd dent.jpg

Attachments

• 1st dent.jpg
    1st dent.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 873
  • 2nd dent.jpg
    2nd dent.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 862
Last edited:
  172cup/ insignia
Gotta to get some quotes as my excess is £600. Insurance is sending me to lookers blackburn for a quote but the insurance woman said i dont have to claim if they say it is under £600 and if i dont claim it wont affect my insurance next year

clio 182 black /gold
Gotta to get some quotes as my excess is £600. Insurance is sending me to lookers blackburn for a quote but the insurance woman said i dont have to claim if they say it is under £600 and if i dont claim it wont affect my insurance next year
If you go to Lookers Vauxhall they will be quite pricey. Try Gaskells in Great Harwoood. Very good is Nick. I have not used him but my brother has used him twice.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
That's awful :(

I'm sure re-skinning the roof will be silly money. Not sure if a decent bodyshop could do something with a blob of filler after bashing it out from underneath ? I think I'd 'wrap' the roof afterwards to disguise it as it might be cheaper than paint ?! Obviously I'm no expert what so ever (Gally, where for art thou ?)

Hope you get it sorted soon dude...

172cup/ insignia
Gunna have a run round few bodyshops after the new window is fitted i just want it looking right and what colour shud i get it wrapped if i do

172cup/ insignia
Just been to 2 of my local body shops hyndburn auto bodies told me it will need a new roof which will be well over £600 and gaskells at great harwood said £350 for roof and spoiler and a courtesy car. But gaskells told me if i go through insurance theirs a good chance they will write it off

Clio 197
Just been to 2 of my local body shops hyndburn auto bodies told me it will need a new roof which will be well over £600 and gaskells at great harwood said £350 for roof and spoiler and a courtesy car. But gaskells told me if i go through insurance theirs a good chance they will write it off

The £350 is that filling the dent?

It would be a shame for it to get written off because of this :(

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
350 sounds like a decent price. Is that painted and everything else? Wrap it up in carbon if not, bonnet, roof and spoiler :)

Dodgy one
You could get that sorted out for the price of your excess and save your no claims, providing a 1/4 glass doesnt cost too much

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Do you have better pictures? That is not a new roof skin from those pictures and tbh the last thing anyone wants on their car no matter what age is a roof skin.

They are so easy to repair aswell especially non sunroof models.

Strange that they would want to fit a roof skin. I'd also say even a roof skin wouldn't write the car off even though it's an expensive repair it would be up to you and the assessor to discuss repairs and if you wanted it fixed.

Roof skin is nasty invasive surgery. Just as bad if not worse than door skins and new bodysides.

I'd rather have filler in my roof than have it ripped out.

Black 172
You will have to declare it for 3 or 5 years now that you've notified them. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/10/insurance_exclusions.html

They will have logged your incident on a database. If you have an accident in the future they'll check the database and if you haven't told your current insurer they won't pay. Crafty buggers.

David Hertzell from the Law Commission explains: "Insurer's are in the risk business, they are looking at you as a policy holder as a risk to them. So they want to know about claims that you've made, but they also want to know about other thing as well, including circumstances that may have happened but didn't result in a claim. And this is your record this will travel with you whichever insurance company you're with"

and

...if you make a simple enquiry about your policy following an incident that gets logged too.

Passat
You will have to declare it for 3 or 5 years now that you've notified them. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/10/insurance_exclusions.html

They will have logged your incident on a database. If you have an accident in the future they'll check the database and if you haven't told your current insurer they won't pay. Crafty buggers.

and

Once you ring your insurance company you have initiated the claims procedure in their eyes. Another complete rip-off. I dont know how they get away with it! Im currently having problems with a similar issue. Thankfully its just phone insurance though.

172cup/ insignia
Cars in the garage till thursday getting the roof an spoiler fixed only bad point is im driving a 60 plate fiat 500 around, they wudnt let me have the audi a1 they had just took delivery off.

Clio 197
Cars in the garage till thursday getting the roof an spoiler fixed only bad point is im driving a 60 plate fiat 500 around, they wudnt let me have the audi a1 they had just took delivery off.

good, where did you take it in the end?

I like the 500s :)

172cup/ insignia
its over at gaskells in great harwood guy said it will look like new when done full respray on the roof and knock dent out and skim it i think he said and spoiler fixing. In total body work cost £375 and rear window was £70

clio 182 black /gold
I knew Nick would sort you out. I need to take mine in for the war wound on my bumper lol.

172cup/ insignia
He seems quite a genuine guy, the guy a lookers vw seemed a bit of a tosser. Gunna price up getting a little dent out of my door and some stonechipping on my bumper and wheels refurbing for after christmas.

172cup/ insignia
havnt got the car back, im missing the acceleraton of the clio,the 500 iv got cant pull the skin off a rice pudding.

172cup/ insignia
Got the clio back today roof and spoiler are like new will get pics up soon just need a spoiler brake light and all is well.Hopefully no idiots will damage my car this time. Top job by gaskell motorbodies