ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got a new laptop, need help finding drivers for downgrade

Jap Box
Just went out and bought myself a new laptop, this one: http://www.toshiba.eu/laptops/satellite/l850d/satellite-l850d-12q it came with windows 8 which I thought "Cant be too bad" jesus how wrong I was, what a pile of tripe! Im slapping win7 on there but cant find any drivers online :S don't really want to downgrade it then lose functions instantly. Sorry for the lack of line breaks but the f**king enter button doesn't do a line break and ive got no clue how im meant to do it on this pile of w**k. Thanks everyone

Re: Just got a new laptop, need help fidning drivers for downgrade

Have you installed win7? Windows 7 should find most drivers its self.

Jap Box

Have done on other ones but they've all been on XP to start etc so picked it all up fine, was just worried incase it couldn't find some new bits etc? Will give it a bash later then :)

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4

Do you know what type of driver's you're missing?

sorry, Just read the topic properly, If you DO downgrade to win7 (Which you should) the drivers should be available for win 7, Did that for my uncle's laptop, I had a quick play with win8, Absolutely hated it.

Chucked win7 on it, few drivers I had to go to the manufacturer website for specific components such as the wireless card (which was an atheros) to get the drivers.

make sure you make a note of the current drivers on it so you what manufacturer site to get the driver from.

Last edited:
  Jap Box

Will have a little play with things on here the next few days, put classic shell on here just now and its a hell of a lot better already!

Downloaded firefox and I now have the line break function back :p will just need to see what else it fails on before having to go through the hassle of changing back!

Cheers for the help everyone :)

Windows 7 is pretty good when it comes to drivers, i wouldn't imagine you will have to download anything.

Street Triple R

Windows 7 is very good for drivers

Windows 8 can have a Windows 7 front end though, so I think id go with that personally

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Download a lightweight Linux ISO, boot it up, type 'lspci' and record things like video cards, audio controllers, ethernet controllers etc. Then you know which devices you need to have Windows7 drivers for.

Jap Box
To be honest ive just slapped windows 8 into desktop mode and its working exactly like windows 7, just need to get rid of the annoying login screen because im sick of entering my email password to sign in.