ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just fitted ITG panel filter

Took 10 mins to fit to me 182, went out after for a quick blast and to be fair couldn't tell a difference. Maybe a very slight deeper sound but all thats about your lot.

However, its good to know you've got a much better filter in place than the cr@p one you take out.! In terms of quality, the ITG and the original filter are miles apart.

Anyway, just thought I'd add my opinion to a topic which people always ask.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
You will notice more responsiveness now, especially when accelerating on the motorway without changing down.

I think its a case of you know you've put a premuium quality filter on your car so your mind tells you its more responsive/louder.

Exhaust and a remap next, then we'll see..!

A Beautiful R32
I dunno I bought an ITG panel filter and the only difference I thought it made was that it was smoother on change down...

Shed.
LOL. i replaced my pannel with a k&n a week after i had it serviced. Must admit there was a difference. Didn't sound much different though. I compared them one night though, put my origional s**t filter in and took it for a spin and then put the sports pannel in and there is only a minor difference in acceleration, but 3rd gear became more fun above all imo.

2002/02 172
in your opinion.... but then I'm not prepared to fork out for a RR just to prove or disprove the minor difference. Go read the ITG blurb on their website; I thought what they are saying makes some sense.

Otherwise why would anyone want to mod their intake if Reno's is perfect?

VaVa
The only reason an ITG/Green/K&N etc panel filter is better is becuase it won't degrade and need replacing like a paper filter. i doubt very much it will actually flow any more air at all.

VaVa
A few mm/Wg loss in pressure - Pah. It's not like dust loading is going to be a massive problem in this country though surely?

Dunno. I didn't notice any difference in sound/performance anything when i had one fitted.

2002/02 172
damn, you've got me reading up on filter technology/theory now...:S

a filter has got to be worth a punt for £40 though

VaVa
Oh deffo... Like I said... it'll last longer and won't need replacing like a paper one as you can take it out and clean it.

Only thing is... if Vipers/BMC's etc don't gain you anything except noise I can't see how just a foam filter will gain anything. I certainly didn't notice anything, but like you say for the sake of £40 you might as well!!

Mk2 172
its just your imagination. cos youve fitted something your mind automatically tells you that its quicker. noise makes it seem faster too

VaVa
See 'Placebo' post above mate ;-)

Mine didn't sound any different with panel filter fitted. And I have f**king massive ears so have the tackle to hear it. lol.

2002/02 172
sorry, can't stay and chat about filters. I've got to fly my learjet to LA for a friendly game vs becks and the galaxy team

oh no, sorry, my imagination kicking in again :rasp:

VaVa
LOL

Yeah sorry about thread hijack. In fact f**k it. Keeps it near the top - And I don't see anyone else chipping in!!