ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just fitted a pioneer deh8700dab radio (aerial help)

182 ff
i have just fitted a new pioneer radio and pioneers custom fit front speakers.. (you dont have to take dash of to fit the tweeters) i have even set up steering wheel control /usb cable /mic ..(took me ages to get it out of Italian language ha )
i have connected the car Aerial l and the new dab window one..just laid it on the dash.where do you connect the black cooper wire to? the dab radio did work on all the channels ,when the door was open..then stopped working..how do you get normal fm radio? is there a settin on the radio..
this dab thing is annoying.if i get the signal sorted should be a great radio....i cant believe how good it sounds with no amp or subwoofer..

182 ff
i just want to know where the copper wires goes to..is it a earth wire?or a 12v wire?,so i can fit the aerial to the pillow and window..the instructions dont say anything..

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Take off your A-pillar cover, stick the copper to your paintwork, the little block should be about 60mm down from the top of your screen.

182 ff
simple question.... the aerial has 2 wires...one goes into the head unit(plugs in)..where does the other one go? to a power source or to earth?

182 ff
yours has one wire... mine has 2... so halfords have give the the wrong one...and the wrong radio fitting cover..

182 ff
its an earth wire... i placed the aerial on the dash,earthed to bare metal and it worked..took it off it didnt work or if i put my hand between the window and the aerial lost signal ...dont need to phaff about taking pillars off. just stuck it to the window. radio 6 rocks ha

Clio 182
The extra power depends on what hu u are using some hu's have an option to power through the smb connector - if in doubt just run this to ignition feed, as noted above copper strap is for earthing as the aerial is powered, so a-pillar off is easiest fit

Clio 182 2005 FF
window aerials are s**t on the windscreen of sports due to the UV coating.
ive upgraded my external aerial to a dab/fm/am aerial off DABonwheels.co.uk and its amazing how good the fm and DAB signal is. dont waste your money on the gay windscreen ones. mine looks factory and its so much better than the standard fm one too