ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just finished 12 hour detail, only half way there

Clio 172
So i started out this morning at 10 o'clock fresh as a daisy and raring to go, 12 hours later and only half the job done i am totally fucked but looking outside it gives me a bit of satisfaction at the job i have done so far.

I wish i had took pics but i really didnt think about it until i got in and came on here. Here is what i did today and the products i used.

PREP
Engine bay - Duragloss De-greaser
Sills - De-greased, wiped with shampoo, dried
Washed wheels - Biberry wheel cleaner
Snow foamed car - Megs all purpose cleaner
Rinsed
Washed car - Duragloss 901
Rinsed
Clayed car - Megs clay bar and last touch lube (usually i would tardis first but forgot i had ran out)

PAINT CORRECTION
Megs G220
Megs cutting pad - Menzerna intensive polish
Menzerna top inspection
Megs last touch

Finish
Megs finishing pad - Poorboys blackhole
Megs polishing pad - Poorboys ex p
Megs foam applicator - Poorboys natty paste wax

Done
Roof, Bonnet, Drivers side

Tomorrow
Paint correction -Passengers side, boot, front bumper,
Interior
Wax wheels
Gel tyres

I will post pics tomorrow of the final result, one thing that pissed me of was the bee sting antenna i bought vibrated loose now the thing wont go back on.

I was not sure last night whether to start this today because i was going to wait till i got my blackfire wet ice over fire kit through and just use the Poorboys stuff for homers if i get them.

Anyway i'll update tomorrow.;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
All that efffort, and no pics :eek: lol

Was busy doing my Navy bus last week, every day I was up to something different :eek:

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Sh1t :eek: I done 5 1/2 hrs on mine last weekend which was thee most time iv ever spent on any car and I thought that was going overboard. Fair play.

Civic Type S GT
Don't believe you, think your chatting bubbles! Wheres the pics to prove it? :rasp: :rasp:

Clio 172
s**tty pics because they were taken on my blackberry, started at 11am today and finished at 7pm and still never got round to doing the interior.

Finished the remaining panels - Poorboys blackhole, Poorboys ex p, Poorboys natty paste wax

Plasitic trims - Raceglaze rubber dressing
Windows - Megs glass cleaner
Wheels waxed - Poorboys wheel sealant
Tyre gel - Blackfire tyre gel

but here is the end result

blackberrypics072.gif

blackberrypics073.gif

blackberrypics074.gif

blackberrypics075.gif

blackberrypics076.gif

blackberrypics077.gif

blackberrypics078.gif

blackberrypics079.gif

blackberrypics081.gif

blackberrypics082.gif

blackberrypics083.gif

blackberrypics084.gif

My personal fav, You can see the clouds in the bonnet, easily pleased yes i know lol

blackberrypics080.gif

Clio 172 Cup
All that hard work and you've got dirty arch liners tut tut lol

On the other hand it looks good! Silky almost!

Not a 320d
Arch Fail.

Whats with the fog surrounds.

Nice work non the less stunning car. Mines up for treatment next week.

blackberrypics078.gif

Dodgy one
Looks no different to mine after a 1/2hr wash lol

Treating the arches will make it 100% better

Stop being negative you lot.

Well in son, looks lovely.

(bar the exhaust, dirty arches and faded fog surrounds ;))

Clio 172
I admit i got to the cant be arsed stage in day two

The fog surround has been like that since i got it and i have just never been that bothered about it. The arches are a b*****d and its not even dirt its like a fabric and not plastic, not sure how to desribe it, i couldnt get right into them so i just said f**k it because i wasnt taking the wheels off.

Its booked in for a service on Wednesday and i am getting braided lines fitted.

JD whats the hell is wrong with the exhaust like ;)

TTRS & V50
The arches are a b*****d and its not even dirt its like a fabric and not plastic, not sure how to desribe it, i couldnt get right into them so i just said f**k it because i wasnt taking the wheels off.

O RLY ?

Mine are plastic, but to be fair, if your lowered a fair bit they are next to impossible to clean let alone treat. Need an EZ brush for them really.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
take the wheels off, good scrub with brush and soapy water..............shoe brush + polish brings them up a treat.

b/g 182, meg tourer
wheel arches need dressing. the rest looks spot on (pics look a little poor quality tho). good effort. cant be arsed to spend more than 2 hours max on mine!

Clio 172 Cup
Some APC in the arches will clean them up nice, spray then blast clean, engine dresser sprayed on after.

Clio 172
Some APC in the arches will clean them up nice, spray then blast clean, engine dresser sprayed on after.

I did mate, i apc the whole car first but couldnt get right into the arches without taking the wheels off.

Might take the wheels off next time.