ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just fallen into 172 ownership!

133/225/CLS AMG
Well having back in 2003 I bought myself a new Iceberg Silver Clio 172. I sold it after a couple of years to buy my 225.

Anyway, a friend of mine was in the market for a Clio 172 last year and bought a near identical one to my old one. Anyway he picked a good'un, 50k on the clock, good condition and all was well. Until this year when him and his mrs are finding it too small, a bit thirsty and not really ideal as their only car.

This is how it looked in all it's glory...

1.jpg

2.jpg

7.jpg

Anyway, it now has 55k on the clock but is a little battle damaged. He left the handbrake off, started it in gear by mistake and it tired to break out of his drive via the gate at the end. So it's now got a bit of a scrape on the front right and this nice dent....

d193a43a.jpg

But still, how could I refuse a low mileage 172, with full service history and every other bit of the car in good condition for £800!! :eek::eek:

I'm thinking I'll tidy it up slowly but surely and use it as a daily or try and get into some track driving.

**Oh and that's fallen not fallend**

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Re: Just fallend into 172 ownership!

nice price

dent man will get that out!

133/225/CLS AMG

I couldn't refuse it at that price really, it's worth more as it stands anyway but he's a good mate and offered it to me at the price he'd accept a part ex on.

To be honest if I sold it and made money I'd give him a share anyway but I'm just planning to tidy it up and enjoy it. Gotta love a 172 for sheer fun. :)

133/225/CLS AMG

Yeah the belts were done just before he picked it up, has a receipt for that too!

pimp mobile Zafira

Good price and lovely car. As already said a dent man will sort that out no problems. Enjoy.

133/225/CLS AMG
I'm going to see what the damage is on the door whether just a dent or needs paint too. If it needs paint I'll try pulling out the dent myself and get paint sorted at a later date.

There's a scrape on the arch and bumper but not sure how much that would take to polish out. The front bumper definitely needs spraying.

Even if I spent £500-600 on bodywork I get it mint, it'd be worth more than it has cost overall anyway.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

Even if I spent £500-600 on bodywork I get it mint, it'd be worth more than it has cost overall anyway.

Damn right

With a clean body and a receipt for the cambelt by someone reputable, you have a £2-2250 car there.

133/225/CLS AMG
They're a dark grey, darker than anthracite I think. Look more like black in the pics.

I think they're a bit marked but nice to have the OEM rims.

There's a cone filter on there at the moment but I dot think my mate has the air box so will get a newer cone on there first I think or sort out a cold air feed.

133/225/CLS AMG
Yeah, I'm not sure these models usually go that low but I have bagged a bargain.

Funny thing is my mate is over the moon it's going to me as I know he loves the car so wants it to go to a good home. :)

I turned 30 yesterday so got a bit of cash which I'm going to be putting towards getting the bodywork mint.