ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought new LED tv but can't get sky hd box to work????????

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Absolutley driving me mad!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Quite simple, removed old flat tv already using HDMI and replaced with new samsung LED 32".

Connected HDMI in all 4 ports and just a blue screen...no tv. Tried DVD player and works fine so why not the sky HD box????

If I turn the sky HD box off the screen goes black so I know its detecting it....

Any suggestions?

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
suppose its possible, just odd that the DVD player works via the scart. Sat here for 2 hours trying to get the poxy thing to work and nothing.

Tried any other HDMI devices?

Have you reset the sky box?

Was the old TV running sky at 1080p and the new ones trying to run it at 1080i etc

SQ5
Scart and HDMI are two different things though, have you plugged the Sky Box back into old TV?

As Conneh said try another HDMI device but it sounds like it may be naffed out of the box!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Tried any other HDMI devices?

Have you reset the sky box?

Was the old TV running sky at 1080p and the new ones trying to run it at 1080i etc

Yes the old TV was running at 720p, the new tv is trying to play it at 1920 x 1080i at 50hrts. I have looked everywhere on the menu system but nowhere to change the resolution.

Development: I hold power button down on sky box to turn on and 'SKY + HD' logo comes up but then goes black then the usual blue again - so how an earth do you change it?

FFS bring back the scart lead, so much easier lol

ph2 172
try thsi:
plug the hdmi lead in to hd port 1 on the tv,press tv on the sky remote,then press help,you should then get a list on the tv? keep pressing help until hdmi1 is highlited and then press right on the sky remote.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
try thsi:
plug the hdmi lead in to hd port 1 on the tv,press tv on the sky remote,then press help,you should then get a list on the tv? keep pressing help until hdmi1 is highlited and then press right on the sky remote.

tried exactly what you said but no list comes up, still blank blue screen.

Got any other HDMI sources you can try?

Have another HDMI cable you can swap with?

Strange that no ports work. Have you pulled the power cables our for a minute, then tried again?

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
ok slight development here this morning.

I plugged the 10M HDMI cable back into the old TV and hey presto....same blue screen. Very odd considering it worked perfectly fine in the old TV before.

Then I used a 5M HDMI i have spare and boom SKY TV!

So trying to get my head round this one...

- has the cable gone faulty in a matter seconds of taking it out my old TV into the new one?
- or is the 10M length too long playing a part in the issue?

PS I spent 3 hours routing this 10M cable under my floorboards so I really dont want to have to replace it!!

What's the power light doing on the box? Flickering?

Mine did this last time I switched it off at the wall. Failed power supply. Picked up a new one off eBay for about ten quid.

You really should get your hands on another HDMI source to test the cable.

Mate's Xbox, ps3, bluray, apple tv.