ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just bought induction kit should i fit it?

clio campus
Hey Folks!
My first post on the site :cool: not had my clio long, just bought an incredibly cheap induction kit off ebay (was £7) it was an impulse buy as i havent done anything to my car and was eager to start, now though im having second thoughts about fitting it you know the saying to good to be true?, im afraid i'll destroy my car or something lol. My question.. am I being to cautious or too impatient and bin it or fit it?

thanks for any replys :rasp:

LY R26 #288
Lol. Welcome. You will not destroy your car by fitting an induction kit. So if you've bought it you might aswell put it on and try it, but more than likely it will lose you power rather than gain.

The only gain you'll get is extra noise.

clio campus
thanks lol yeah i thought i would be sucking in hot air using it, was worried i might overheat the engine or something, but cheers guys! just leave it to my dad to attempt to fit it as i dont have the first clue lol

clio campus
its brand new it just said New silver chrome universal induction kit and the shinyness caught my eye

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Might aswell fit it. It wont do any damage. You wont notice any loss or gain in power in a 1.2 16v, everybody says about losing power, but you really wont notice it. You may notice that your fuel will go down abit quicker and your MPG wont be as good, but barely enough to worry about. All you'll get is an induction rawr that will probably sound quite nice. If its like my Clio you'll need an adapter plate to fit it (like this):

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2631&appid=4

Suzuki Ignis
^Classed as a mod whether it cost £4 or £400. They'll use any excuse to get out of paying out.

S'trollin on size 7s
for the sake of a £7 air filter i definately wouldnt risk loosin your car. if u bump it and its not declared theyl just use it as an excuse.

Listerine & Poledo
Before you start down this dead end road fella, just put the induction kit back in the box and put it down to experience.

Leave your Campus as it is, it'll be worth more when you want to change it up for a different car later on. Bolting bits onto your 1.2 will acheive the cube-root of F-All