ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a 197 F1, need advice!

197 F1 R27 Black
Hi Guys, put myself a deposit down on a Clio sport 197 F1 edition today. Picking it up on monday. Got a few questions in relation to getting it looking perfect.

Firstly, the alloys need a refurb. Does anyone know anywhere cheap near Preston?

The door handles appear worn and could do with a touchup. Any ideas on how i could do this?

I have a few scratches around the car, how are these best approached? T-Cut?

I also need a new gear knob as the current one looks tatty, i want to buy a sport one. Seen the ones from Turkey but im not so sure, any thoughts?

Cheers Guys
IMG_2475.JPG
IMG_2476.JPG

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Get a proper refurb on the wheels, these man in a van or cheap jobs are epic failing most of the time... I rate many of the jobs I've seen up there with a toddlers fingerpainting picture..

A mate had his corrosion happy vw bbs splits done at pristine and they looked like new 4 years later.. Fantastic job..

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Jesus, I'd be getting rid of that Jaegermestier sticker in the back before I drove it home!

Very nice though, and seemingly very cheap so hopefully it's as good as it sounds! Recaros look in decent condition too.

I'd also want to change the red dash strips straight away. As for a spoiler, I believe you can get the cup ones for £200 in primer and should be relatively easy to spray in black!

PPS; what is that gearknob? :astonished:

Barring that looks like a nice buy mate as long as you're happy with it!

197 F1 R27 Black
Jesus, I'd be getting rid of that Jaegermestier sticker in the back before I drove it home!

Very nice though, and seemingly very cheap so hopefully it's as good as it sounds! Recaros look in decent condition too.

I'd also want to change the red dash strips straight away. As for a spoiler, I believe you can get the cup ones for £200 in primer and should be relatively easy to spray in black!

PPS; what is that gearknob? :astonished:

Barring that looks like a nice buy mate as long as you're happy with it!

You've took the words out of my mouth there, the sticker WILL be coming off straight away, along with the gear knob haha.
Recaros have been recently re-stitched along the sides.
The dash strips will also be going silver or black.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
You've took the words out of my mouth there, the sticker WILL be coming off straight away, along with the gear knob haha.
Recaros have been recently re-stitched along the sides.
The dash strips will also be going silver or black.
Good job mate. Will you be bringing it to FCS or CSS?

197 F1 R27 Black
I had a set of 172 wheels refurbished by the guys below, they are round at bamber bridge, not the cheapest (circa £200 I paid so certainly not horrendous) but I couldn't fault the work.

http://www.wheelrepair.co.uk/
Cheers for that mate, seems like the right place to get it done. Everyone recommends there. My brother got his diamond cut ones done there on his M3 and they've come out perfect. Thanks again