ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a 182

ST170
Having owned a cammed/remapped vts (which was beginning to go wrong more than I cared for) I decided to trade it in for a silver 05 182.

Initial impressions are good. Probably comparable in performance, but 182 pulls better from lower down. Feels much more solid and having all the toys is nice. Enjoying driving it already. Couple of questions though;

With 'average' driving how much will my weekly petrol be covering 350 miles (mixed motorway/city driving). Has anyone found any cheap insurers? Best I've found is Directline.

Oh, and I'll be keeping it standard.

And finally, wotz fasta? 182 or civic type rrr? (sorry, joke I couldn't resist) :clown:

Last edited:
There no cheap insurer everyone different.

Milage depends how you drive might be 25mpg might be 40mpg.

mk4 golf gt-tdi
And finally, wotz fasta? 182 or civic type rrr? (sorry, joke I couldn't resist) :clown:[/quote]

clio! obviously!;)

VW Golf TDI
well I put 37 ish pounds top to bottom, to fill it and get about 350on the range counter, I do mix of motorway and city

ST170
£37 is pretty good. I'll be aiming for about that if possible. I was just curious to know who other people had found reasonable when insuring. I'm 28 full no claims with clean licence. Dirctline quoted me £490, Flux £660, Norwich Union £900! When the Norwich Union chap asked what I thought... well, the reply wasn't polite!

106 GTi
28 here now, when I renewed mine last year at 27 with 8 or 9 years NCB I payed £401 quid F/C with the Royal & Sun Alliance. Used a quote from Bell to get them down to that price for renewal doing a price match.

Black/Gold 182
direct line best for me too (33 full NCD, car garaged). Bell were a bit cheaper but because the cup suspension technically counts as a modification Bell wouldn't offer cover.

direct line best for me too (33 full NCD, car garaged). Bell were a bit cheaper but because the cup suspension technically counts as a modification Bell wouldn't offer cover.

Its not a modification as it left the factory like that.

Renaults UK own words.

Renault Clio 182 CUp
im with admiral and mine is just over 700 which is quite good im 23! my petrol is about 30-40 pound a week i do about 40 miles a day. :)