ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a 172 Phase II, which alloy wheels should it have?

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Hi

Can someone please help me with this, i have just bought a 172 phase II and it has these wheels on it:

http://images.drive24.co.uk/RXC_D24Images/supplier_ddi/motor/orig/54516A.jpg/Image.ashx

Should it be these ones because of the model/year?:

http://i.pbase.com/g6/03/446703/2/74583499.I6WjtQUs.jpg

I'm not sure what the deal is with the wheels I have on it, I haven't had the car delivered yet so havent had a proper look but i'm guessing they are 15s and the normal 172s are 16s.

Thanks in advance!

:cool:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I don't have permission to view the 2nd link.

172's as you rightly pointed out should have 16's. If they have anything else I'd be questionning why that is the case.

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
What year is it ?

I believe some of the VERY early PH2's had 15's on. Y reg ?

Otherwise it should be these:

Burts172.jpg

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Sorry, forgot to say, it's a 2003.

It has the wheels i posted in the original link, it looks quite smart but the 15s are putting me off now. One of the wheels is damaged (I have bought it as Cat C so will be fixing it up over the next two weekends) so I will need to replace it anyway.

The question is, do I get some nice new aftermarket alloys (I want to keep it looking as standard as possible body wise) or get some of the normal 16s from a breaker?

Dodgy one
There will probs have been a damaged wheel or two, and they just stuck a set on which fit

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Can you recommend a nice set of alloys that won't change the look too much from the original wheels or a site where I can purchase the original 16s?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If you want to buy parts join up on here and browse the for sale sections or ebay. PH's for sale section is reasonable for a punt too.

As for wheels, it's either got to be the originals, Turinis or OZ F1's in 16's.

Last edited:
  BMW 330CI M SPORT
I will do that, cheers mate

All nice wheels, I think i like the originals to be honest and i may put the 3 near perfect 15s on ebay (or here).

Nice car by the way. I have mine booked in for a remap and some other minor engine work in two weeks time, so it should be back on the road soon enough, i'm excited to own something like this again. I currently drive a 2005 Saab 93.

Thanks again