ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just bought 197 any good?

2001 clio rsi 1.6 16v
i know there will be a variety of opinions bt today i have purchased a clio 197 2007 in blue, to replace my fiesta st, it drove well and i quikly decided i wanted one.
any general opinions on the car any regular problems to watch out for?
thanks Andrew

172 cup
nearly bought 1 myself mate, not really heard anything bad about them . i juat went for th e172 as it was cheaper just for a run around. enjoys anyways. they look gd that a big plus

Turbo LY R27
Just check its service history i.e make sure it has one lol!! Other than that, just general wear and tear like any other car. If it has recaros check for bolster wear. Otherwise there pretty good.

Now Sold :-(
Just a thought but should this question not have been asked before you bought one?

Sure someone that owns one will be along with some useful advise soon.

Enjoy your new car.

BMW 320d M-Sport
i know there will be a variety of opinions bt today i have purchased a clio 197 2007 in blue, to replace my fiesta st, it drove well and i quikly decided i wanted one.
thanks Andrew

I sold my 07 197 in blue a few days ago. What a coincidence!

Mini Cooper S sport
thanks Andrew

You've bought it and NOW you're asking if it's a good car? LOL

Clio 1970000000
Had mine about 16 months now and it is a fantastic car. Only advice is that you get the front brakes stripped and serviced regularly as if the callipers seize it can be expensive to fix. Enjoy :approve:

Clio RS 182
Other than the fact this is the worst 'I just got mi self a 197' thread ever.

You'll find its alot quicker than your old ST

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Gearbox syncro - Check for crunching into Gears-
Check for Cold start bunny hopping- Patch FOC @ Renault-
Steering wheel melting

Other than that not to bad-

S

Comedy, it's a bit like saying 'I've just dipped my gentlemans tackle into liquid nitrogen, does it hurt????' :rolleyes:

Actually I'd be interested to hear YOUR views on the 197 vs. the ST as I'm on the look out for a run around and 1st choice is currently the 197, but the ST is a cheaper option.

Paul

albi 197
Few little niggles I've had with mine:

Brake pads seizing in the calipers
Door seals splitting
Door handles becoming loose
Boot lock rattling
Seat bolsters wearing (non recaro)

Mechanically they seem pretty solid though. Mine hasn't had any easy life in the 18 months I've owned it, but its now on 54k and runs just as good, if not better than the day I bought it. Regular oil changes (4000 - 6000miles) to stop the dephaser f**king up, and if you are going to drive it hard, keep an eye on the oil level, mine gets through about a litre every 3000 miles (don't rely on the trip computer, its s**t). Other than that, very good cars, and a lot nicer to live with on a day to day basis that the 1*2's imo.