ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought 182 with K-Tec De-Cat SuperExhaust - Advice needed with Pics....

Clio 182
Hi Guys,

Ive just got myself a Black 182 so im new to the forum. Firstly can i say what an awesome car it is, everytime i get into the car it puts a big grin on my face :)

Just a couple questions about the exhaust that came with the 182. Not sure if anyone else has the same upgraded exhaust but after doing a bit of research i believe its a K-Tec SuperExhaust that doesnt come with a mid-section silencer (See pics below). 2nd photo shows my mid section, i thiknk thats a straight through pipe - Can anyone confirm?

1st question: If it is the K-Tec supersports exhaust, will it fail on emissions if i get pulled over by not having a center silencer?

2nd question: Its very loud so will i get pulled over for being too loud? I think the website says its 91db

3rd Question: The exhaust seems like its dipped a bit and when i looked underneath, it seems the rubber bits that hold the exhaust has collapsed (see last photo). Doesnt anyone know where i can buy these and also the cost?

Cheers!

IMG_1600.gif

IMG_1627.gif

IMG_1629.gif

172/1.2/E30
Needs new exhaust mounts and a cat for MOT-time. Decat will fail on emissions unless you have a friendly tester ;)

Welcome to the forum siburrman.

You need new mounts really, as they're a bit of a mess! As said, the decat will need to go come MOT day.

Have a search, you will find a lot of your answers in the many threads on here.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I see no mention of a decat.....

the center silencer makes a lot of difference to noise, but you won't fail emmisions becuase of not having one. Good exhaust, center silenced version is better

Clio 182
Thanks for the replies guys, i didnt even realise it was de-cat! but looking at the pic now its obviuos it doesnt have a Cat. So really i need to buy a CAT and store it for the MOT which im guessing isnt going to be cheap? £100 from Scrappy?

Anyone hav a rough idea how much labour will be to get the the de-cat pipe swapped out for a Cat? Is it something i can do myself?

Also the rear rubber mounts: Had a look on ebay and you can get them each for £9 delivered or genuine ones for £23 delivered. Anyone tried the non-genuine ones? Dont want my exhaust looking askew :) Again doesnt anyone know if i can replace these mounts myself?

Cheers

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
The ebay exhaust mount £9 specials are a replica of the OEM, but perhaps rubber is of inferiour quality, yet to prove this.
I recently fitted a pair or rear mounts so time will tell....

Clio 182
martin182: how much is the cat and silencer?

obcuz: Thanks i think i will order a couple and see how they last. Im guessing if i use a jack to support the rear exhaust then unscrew these two mounts and then screw the new ones, thats job done?

Clio 182
Exhaust mounts from ebay had arrived and fitted them over the weekend. Exhaust looks like its now hanging in the correct position. Question is now how long it will last not being genuine exhaust mounts.

Thanks for the help everyone