ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought 182 and now it doesn't start

Hi I just bought a rb 182 today and after my girlfriend driving I was telling her to get up in to the revs at about 6k she there was some resistance and changed up and after slowing down he car died and had a burning smell but no smoke cam belt is still intact but the car doesn't even crank over just click the starter solenoid any clues????

There was nothing I don't think because my girlfriend was driving and didn't realise it cut out until she stopped but it wouldn't even push start it would just lock the wheels but after doing that it now cranks over but pulled the ht leads out and one of them snapped and looked fried and it's now got the electrical fault light on the dash any clue why the wheels locked and now it turns over?

The guys were completely genuine I was supposed to buy the car a month earlier but couldn't and he used it everyday up until I bought it the cambelt is still intact and is under good tension so I have no clue!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Get the spark plugs out and have a look pal.

I assume all the other electrics work fine and the battery is working?

It's the cambelt cranked it by hand no compression and it just stops dead at one point do these cars have a material heat shield by the side of the aux belt as there was one hanging down touching the crank pulley I ripped it out and it has burn marks all over and I've pulled fibres from the pulley