ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been out in the 182...

... for the first time by my self on some clear roads, first thoughts were that it was understeering abit when trying to put power down out of the roundablouts so i decided to change driving styles abit so rather than just coming into the bends at a reasonable speed then "nailing it" 3/4s of the way round like i would have in the 106 gti i tried a different aproach, I came in to the bend fast and let my foot off the throttle, threw it round the bend then "nailed it" once all the way round, this seemed to work loads better.

Just wondering what other people do really.

BMW 120i Sport

The roads at this time of year are in no fit state for taking roundabouts at speed. But youre right, the 182 does understeer if you put the power down to early (on a greasy road) and the ESP might get tickled a bit.

I usually take a roundabout in second gear, keep the revs below 5000 rpm make sure im out the roundabout and then accelerate beyond 5000 rpm where you really get pinned into the seat. Ive only done it a couple of times, because as i say the conditions are sh*te this time of year.

Once the summer is in and the roads are dry then youll be able to cain it into roundabouts, throught them and out the other side if you so desire.

Clio 197

Agreed.

You have one of the best handling cars out there, but still, this time of year can be tricky...

BTW, Its a hundred times worse in my POS megane!

Black 182 + Recaros

Yeah, not the best time to really test a 182. But if you enjoyed it in this weather then just wait until the summer.

Not really the best time to test any car tbh!

Look at the number of "car totaled" posts in the last few weeks!

Spring/Summer is different however :devilish: