ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been crashed into - pics.

Copied over from the thread in clio discussion:

Coming home from a trip to the supermarket about 6 tonight, doing 30 on the main road, a chap has come from the right at a give way point, and completely failed to give way, and hit the rear drivers side of me. Ill need a new door, rear quarter panel, alloy and tyre, as well as all the trim and a respray.

As i mentioned in the other thread - does anyone know of a reputable repair/bodyshop in the Leeds/Bradford area?

Heres the damage:
P1010307.jpg

P1010306.jpg

P1010305.jpg

P1010304.jpg

P1010303.jpg

P1010302.jpg

P1010301.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
s**t mate, if i were you i'd get the cash straight off him as soon as possible, but get 2 or 3 quotes, and always get him to give you more than your quoted, you never know what else they may find.

or you could get a signed letter form him saying he accepts full responsibility, and then get the bill sent to him?

hope everything goes well.

Clio
F**K wat a dick, sorri mate id try an c if u could aviod the insurance and get him to pay up, an asabopve u need to get sumin that would prove that he was at fault like a letter coz if it did go to court he could easli say that he wasnt an after studin the english legal system u could b screwed good luck anyway mate Dom

M

mini-valver

Nasty, looks like he give you a right good shunt! Hope it goes well mate, push the insurance company as a few people inc Middo have ahd a nightmare getting there car back after repairs.....

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
they will write that off imo, will be £750-1000 insurance quote from a bodyshop that, cars prob only worth 1500!

It was going to be up for sale in a month or so for around the £1k mark when i got my years NCB so i could get a valver.

If i were to go through the insurance route, even though he is at fault, and (fingers crossed) admits all liability, will i loose my NCB by claiming?

Milltek'd 182
you only loose NCB if you are at fault iirc. so if he says its his fault your no claims stay safe as houses. unlucky tho mate, what a c*ck.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
No you wont lose your no claims if he admits liability and his insurance co pays out. In my experience however even when someone hit me by driving on the right hand side of the road he still somehow claimed it was my fault, prob just take a while to sort out as insurance companies take alot of time over the smallest of tasks.
the only other problem you may encounter is that you will have a pending claim, so they will suspend your no-claims bonus(es) until the claim is sorted so you may have to wait until renewing your policy otherwise it will be significantly more expensive for you.

PM me Tom with your phone number, i will put you in touch with a bodyshop based near the Airport that we use, superb quality and decent prices.

Thanks for the advice guys.

The chap stated at the scene he would prefer not to go through insurers, as i believe like me he didnt want to loose his no claims bonus. If he agrees to pay up front the amount i get quoted then ill be happy, and should encounter less hassle and delay than taking it through insurers.

He seemed genuine enough, and ive checked up the details he gave me - his address matches with his surname but not his first name, so i can assume he has given is parents address. After a check on the DVLA website, the plates also match up with the car.

Just got to get some quotes now for the repair. Just one new alloy and tyre will be around the £180 mark, and as the damage has encroached onto the drivers door, it could be a fair sum to fix everything.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Don't f**k about tell him the cars a write off and you want the economic value - when someone crashed into me they said the same thing as above, however it turned out he had no insurance, well he paid his first premium then cancelled the d/d and he had just come out of prison for drug dealing! The longer you piss about not putting it through the insurance co' the greater risk you are at, do you really think he will just write you a cheque for a grand?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i'd get that wheel and axle looked at too matey...

an easy £750 to 1k there though i reckon, not including any structural damage

Leon Cupra 300
i had a car fixed up at a bodyshop in a shady industral estate opposite the airport, my old mans mate has a garage up in horsforth and sends all his cars there. Ill try get its number for you mate. did a crackin job for me.

Looking at those pics the damage will equate to the value of a '96 1.4 clio easily.

I reckon thats a write off imo, but if its not your fault and you have witnesses/statement from the driver then you don't have anything to worry about.

Der Panzer
It has to be said, with that kind of damage it would be an insurance write off I reckon. However if this guy intends to pay then so be it.

Good luck getting his money, I would not have been so trusting.

don't
looks like a write off aswell

expect quotes from £700-£1500 to repair that

I got hit just on my rear quarter and that cost £900 to fix, sorting the door and the alloy aswell looking like being expensive

get quotes for the repair, and if he still wants to pay you money for it

if the quotes are about what you think the cars worth then take his money, keep the car and break it for parts and then use his money and extra money from car parts for the new car

330Ci M Sport
s**t mate.....only just noticed this.....just drove past your car....noticed you've parked it damage side to the wall :rasp:...........anyway, hope you get it sorted, and if you need anyone to take that pic i'll happily oblige :quiet:

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Aww that's absolutely gutting! I agree with AndyA4 though, I doubt I would trust the guy to just pay up. I'd insist on going through his insurance. I hope you get it sorted ok and am glad you are alright. Definitely looks nasty to me. Poor lickle Clio. :(

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
Gutted for ya mate...
Similar type of thing happened to me only on the m'way in october...
...still not got a pyout and he is now trying to turn it on me

Don't f**k about tell him the cars a write off and you want the economic value - when someone crashed into me they said the same thing as above, however it turned out he had no insurance, well he paid his first premium then cancelled the d/d and he had just come out of prison for drug dealing! The longer you piss about not putting it through the insurance co' the greater risk you are at, do you really think he will just write you a cheque for a grand?

Totally agree, i would be on the phone to insurance giving them his details and getting the police involved for possible dangerous driving. The insurance company has massive legal and financial power to make sure the guy pays up. The longer you leave it the less likely you will see anything. The payment for the non-insurance route should have been taken and paid by now if it was going to happen. Id insist on imediate payment and a signiture of admission of causing the accident, with a view to further payment if the body shop requires any.

If he didnt agree, then id go straight to the insurance company.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
That looks like a write off, check the market value plus the cost of your alloy and ask for that, if he doesn't agree then take it to insurance.