ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just a random thought on mixing petrol

Okay so I was just thinking and would running different petrol on every fueling make a difference to the car.

So for example this week I fueled with a supermarkets cheap petrol like Asda, then the week after I fuel with Shell Vpower Nitro +, then the week after I fuel with the premium BP petrol.

With a human this would be seen as a change of diet and your body could react. But would it make a difference with a car constantly changing the type of petrol?

WRX
About the same as drinking Coke one week, Pepsi the next and then Rola Cola the week after. That third week will be bad lol.
Difference wouldn't be noticeable really.

172 Cup
I really wouldn't worry.

I've seen old motors run on really contaminated fuel and they are fine. Mixing brands wont cause any harm.

About the same as drinking Coke one week, Pepsi the next and then Rola Cola the week after. That third week will be bad lol.
Difference wouldn't be noticeable really.

I am not on about running issues such as (economy, performance). I am more on about mechanical issues, this is just a theory as I am not entirely sure but I will lay out my logic. Higher ron fuel such as Shell I assume will ignite easier, surely this could then lead to the spark plugs struggling to ignite cheaper fuel such as Asda. Just in the same way when the AA come out and use a spray to start the car (the name escapes me at this moment) the car can become dependent on the spray.

Easy start? WD40 on the plug leads? I'm struggling to see what your aiming at.

The easy start stuff, I'm sure I've read about cars becoming dependent on it. Surely the spark plugs could become dependent on a higher ron fuel due to easier igniting?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Them spark plugs have feelings too. All sorts of magical types.

The answer is no, not really, but you're wasting your time putting high octane fuel in for only 1 tank, especially seeing as you need to run a full tank through first to see the "benefits" in the first place. You're best sticking to 95 Ron if you're going to mix and match, or when you swap, just swap between vpower, momentum 99 and BP Ultimate or whatever they call it.

edit: as previously mentioned, you'll see the difference between 99 ron and 95 ron more if you're car is running a 99 ron map.

Well thats blow that part out but you could then say if it got dependent on the lower ron fuel making it easier to ignite it could the struggle to ignite a higher ron fuel?

It looking way to far in to this man it won't make any odds worth talking about I only ever use 95 my self and Il be mapping my my on Clio on 95 too

Them spark plugs have feelings too. All sorts of magical types.

The answer is no, not really, but you're wasting your time putting high octane fuel in for only 1 tank, especially seeing as you need to run a full tank through first to see the "benefits" in the first place. You're best sticking to 95 Ron if you're going to mix and match, or when you swap, just swap between vpower, momentum 99 and BP Ultimate or whatever they call it.

edit: as previously mentioned, you'll see the difference between 99 ron and 95 ron more if you're car is running a 99 ron map.

Yeah I wasn't sure I normally just stick to the BP stuff but everynow and again it is more convenient to go somewhere else.