ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just a quick, possibly stupid question...

Clio 1.2 16v
Hey guys, this may sound stupid but i was wondering if anyone has had a go at taking the renault diamond from the steering wheel, my initial thought is that it is glued on and just needs a bit of force to remove it, but asking just incase.
Cheers guys.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
I was thinkin about this earlier, yeh i guess its glued and just needs something wedged behind it and a good pull to get it off, then use some kind of adhesive to stick it back on

Clio 1.2 16v
Yeah a good pull, and was thinking if it's stuck on maybe a hairdryer but then again that could do some damage to the material around the diamond. Anyone else shed some experiance ?!? :S might have a pull at it after work, let u know how it goes lol :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
might have a pull at it after work, let u know how it goes lol :)

That sounds wrong TBH.

If it helps, my uncle had a Renault Trafic van and the diamond fell off the steering wheel on that. That was glued on (poorly), so I'd imagine it's the same on all Renault steering wheels?

Clio 1.2 16v
Lol cheers mate just new that's all and don't know if it's already been answered loads of times an being a tit haha. Erm I had a quick look and mine seems pretty cemented on which is annoying and very hard to get anything underneath the diamond without scratching something or beeping the horn lol heeeelp lol
:S

DMS

A thirsty 172
Disconnecting the battery will stop the horn from beeping.
If you want to melt the glue try getting a hairdryer onto it. That's how people normally go about removing the external badges so I'd imagine the same thing would apply internally.

Clio 1.2 16v
I HAVE IT, it takes some time and alot of heat, if your going to attempt it, make sure you dont crack the the little thing its rather fragile ill upload some pics maybe...

Clio 1.2 16v
lol oh cheers you tell me now haha :p yeah im gonna do mine white along with a few other things and change all the lights to blue ::eek: