ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jumped Battery Backwards

172, maybe
Help!
I managed to try and jump my 182 backwards - it was piddling down and there was a red cover on the negative terminal!!
Reversed the leads but nothing on crank, no solenoid or anything. Lights on the dash but zero effort to turnover.
Battery reads 10v which doesn't sound like its fried to me... Maybe I'm wrong?

Assuming not, ECU or Alt I suppose... Fuses seem fine.. (Big ones anyway)..

Any help!

clio 182
Why did you try and jump it in the first place? When you tried to start the car before you put the leads on the wrong way round, did the solenoid click then?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You may have gotten lucky and just blown the big fuse on the top of the positive terminal.

172, maybe
Yeah battery was dead. Hadn't moved for 2 weeks. When I tried to start it did the normal solenoid click and died - it's been quite regular as its not used often - so went to jump it and cocked it up. Now it won't do anything, with or without a donor car

172, maybe
Not familiar with that fuse - is it something to do with where the two positive cables connect to the terminal?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
f176214a-9d00-4cf6-9307-000981acac33_zpsfkqambve-jpg.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Not sure how to visibly check it, but you can just do a continuity check with a multimeter to see whether it's getting voltage on either side.

I doubt you'd get lights on the dash if this had blown though...