ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

July 3rd - Glenshee Run

White Sti Hatch
Not sure i can be fussed. Depends where it goes. It's a fair trek for us!! An hour and a half just to get there...Not overly tempting...

Well it's up to you mate im going as its first blast in the R26 since i picked it up ! Can meet you in Dundee or Blair or just on route

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
If i had the vee then i absolutely would be there...But not overly enamoured with takin the Z4.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Right chaps.
Suggested route is as this

Glasgow
Meet at Coatbridge Services
10.00am.

Travel on M8, over Forth Road bridge. (Mostly because the 40MPH limit on the A90/M73 will be boring and slow)

Stop at Queensferry if need be for any Edinburgh lot.

Then travel on the M90 to the A93 at Blairgowrie

Estimated time of that is 1 Hour 30 Mins.

Meet at - PH10 6DA - 11.30am - 11.45am

Basically its a car park behind the Bank of Scotland.

Street should be called The Croft.

Then onto the A93 over the Spittal of Glenshee.

Stopping at the gravel car park if need be on the spittal.

Then it is up to you what we go, can go get lunch at Ballater or go to c**k Bridge and to the A95 then down to A90 for fish and chips in aviemore?

Basically its a round trip if we go around that way but we can always do the spittal again.

What you think?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm happy to meet at Blairgowrie! Thats only 50mins away i think?! And the road from there to Ballater is cracking!!!

LY R26
are you just heading up to blair on your own dean? dont really fancy taking the 1.2 will be boring in that thing haha:(

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
How you's getting from dundee to Blair? Up to Forfar and across. Makes sense for me coming south...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Why not? Nowt wrong with it. It's the driving not the performance that makes the trip! We've all had "Crap 1.2's" and enjoyed them.

LY R26
when its about 3cm off the ground it doesnt make for amazing long journeys haha, especially with tiny tyres, looks good but long journeys are not fun!

LY R26
haha no ned about it haha, i got firas' old springs, which have been all around scotland i think haha, i just hate doing long journeys in it anyway haha. hopefully will get it sold and upgrade to something a bit more fun to drive!

White Sti Hatch
are you just heading up to blair on your own dean? dont really fancy taking the 1.2 will be boring in that thing haha:(

Think my mate Colin (Hanson Boi to Ali & Alan) is jumping in with me mate.

How you's getting from dundee to Blair? Up to Forfar and across. Makes sense for me coming south...

Im heading though Birckhill/Cuper Angus way mate only a 20 min drive 18 miles :)

On a side not ive been drive the damn road the past two weeks solid in a shitty 1.5 Dci 70 Kangoo i want to get the meg out lol

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
meet at Blair behind bank of Scotland? I could be wrong but their car park tiny, do u mean behind Rbs? It's the old tesco car park.

That one also quite small and dinnertime on Saturday will be busy, what's wrong with new tesco car park?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Modified Routes

Stirling, Blairgowrie then to Spittal of Glenshee
July 03rd - Glenshee run - 10.00 am Coatbridge Services.

Glasgow
Meet at Coatbridge Services
10.00am.

Travel on M8, over Forth Road bridge. (Mostly because the 40MPH limit on the A90/M73 will be boring and slow)

Stop at Queensferry if need be for any Edinburgh lot.

Then travel on the M90 to the A93 at Blairgowrie

Estimated time of that is 1 Hour 30 Mins.

Meet at - PH10 6NQ. - 11.30am - 11.45am

Tesco Superstore in Blairgowrie.

Then onto the A93 over the Spittal of Glenshee.

Stopping at the gravel car park if need be on the spittal.

Then it is up to you what we go, can go get lunch at Ballater or go to c**k Bridge and to the A95 then down to A90 for fish and chips in aviemore?

Basically its a round trip if we go around that way but we can always do the spittal again.

List of People

Yes Ted:
1. Martin (tinahingas)
2. JCC
3. dmn1989
4. Paul
5. Scott
6. BioHzrd
7. Ali
8. Gaz
9. Danny_172
10. Lynne172Cup

11. Stodmeister

No Fred:
1.richbatt
2. david_ntg
3. koi
4.Gaz85

Maybe Janes:
1. mikey123 (will meet in blairgowrie)
2. Alan
3. frazjam
4. steven.m

Maps

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...98815,-3.317871&spn=1.093167,2.469177&t=h&z=9

Blairgowrie to Spitall, to c**k Bridge to Speybridge
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s....58429&sspn=0.067035,0.154324&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=9

Or the alternative
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...010941&sspn=0.269383,0.617294&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=9

Last edited:
  RB 182 FF :)
Yes Ted:
1. Martin (tinahingas)
2. JCC
3. dmn1989
4. Paul
5. Scott
6. BioHzrd
7. Ali
8. Gaz
9. Danny_172
10. Lynne172Cup
11. Stodmeister

12. Scott1089 (First Meet :))

No Fred:
1.richbatt
2. david_ntg
3. koi
4.Gaz85

Maybe Janes:
1. mikey123 (will meet in blairgowrie)
2. Alan
3. frazjam
4. steven.m

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I liked meeting @ Stirling services!

What's the weather gony be like?

I propose we come back via Fort William and over the rest and be thankful!

Me and Col182 had a superb tussle the whole way back, I horsed him in a Golf diesel too LOL!!

:D

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Here Adam, fire the pics up from the last one for some teaser pics! I'm on the dangleberry or I would do it!

:D

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Last meet:

Cliosportroadtrip07041.jpg

Cliosportroadtrip07038.jpg

Cliosportroadtrip07062.jpg

Cliosportroadtrip07006.jpg

Cliosportroadtrip07005.jpg

Cliosportroadtrip07004.jpg

Just because gaz really wanted this
th_Cliosportroadtrip07011.jpg