ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juddering when pulling off in first gear

58 Dynamique S 1.2 TCE
Not sure if anyone knows what this could be before i take it back to Renault. When I pull off the car judders, only does it in first gear. Has only started last few days. Its a MK3 2008 Clio 1.2TCE.

Thanks for any information

B

Bucko

Do you think it's an engine power/fuel problem or more of a clutch judder?

58 Dynamique S 1.2 TCE
It feels more like a clutch judder personally. Would not have thought that the clutch would have worn on a car which is 17 months old. Drives fine once moving.

B

Bucko

Sadly i can't help you but the reason I asked is because i have exactly the same problem on my 172. A clutch judder when pulling away only, i'm assuming it means the clutch is on it's way out but that seems strange for a 17 month old car

1.2 TCE
My tce does the same thing. Has done for months. If you find out what the problem is please let me know.

Thanks.

mine occassionally judders when you first get in and set off foot flat in first, but it feels more like theres a lack of power going to the wheels rather than clutch, might just be cos its cold, it doesnt do it when its warmed up

M3 SMG
Mine does this, replaced the gearbox mount and the dog bone mount, still judders. Its only really an issue when reversing or in traffic. If i turn the A/C on it gets 10x worse, any ideas?

Clio 197 RB
Mine does this, replaced the gearbox mount and the dog bone mount, still judders. Its only really an issue when reversing or in traffic. If i turn the A/C on it gets 10x worse, any ideas?

This happened on my R26, got the engine mounts both lower and upper changed and it still idled lumpy! But would calm down a bit when the air con went on!

M3 SMG
I'm not talking about a lumpy idle I'm saying engaging 1st gear the whole car judders physically. it's so severe sometimes I have stalled it once, and the exhaust rattles up and down hitting the floor of the car!!
I changed the dog bone and gearbox mount and judering is alot less, bug still evident

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
My Laguna II did this and it was a fault with the hydraulic concentric clutch slave which is covered by warranty!

Either way it should be back at Renault asap for a warranty claim IMO

Inferno 182
My 182Cup had started doing this. When disengaging, but was doing it inbetween upshifts and down in all gears too. I thought it was a clutch issue at first but now I'm thinking it's more of a fueling issue. Doesn't do it when cold, and it clears itself if you give it a blast above 5000rpm every few days. I'll probs get it checked out after Christmas. Anyone any ideas :)

M3 SMG
Its not hydraulic. 197 is aparently.

Could be pressure plate?!

Had a search and cant find any gen.

anyone know?

renault clio gtt
hi my girl freind had this problem in her renault clio mk3 she went into renault severalll times and they sent her away with nothing to say about it. they said there was nothing rong with the car. i then proceeded to have a look i took the engine out split the box and engine checked all the transmission parts give it a clean up and put it back together. after this it carried on doin the juddering so i gave it a good service new oil and filter plugs and coil packs etc, this has seemed to have sold the problem for now and have put it down to the car needing a good service.