ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juddering at low RPM

Clio 182
Hi guys I have a Clio 182 and it has started intermittently juddering/power loss between 1-2k RPM and slightly rougher on tickover than usual but no engine management light. I have already replaced both lambda sensors the coil pack, ignition leads, spark plugs, cambelt and dephaser does anyone know what else could be causing this as I am starting to run out of ideas and the fault is getting rather annoying now.

Check your injectors. Unplug the electrical connector one by one and the one that doesn't make a difference will be your culprit! (Obviously plug it back in before trying the next one)

Just awaiting an injector for mine.

Just swapped my injector over for the new one and the car is fine again! The old injector was a bit busted!

hade6ajy.jpg

Clio 2 ph.2 - 172
Same story, new lambdas, new plugs, leads, coil pack, dephaser, correctly timed, engine loom, ultrasonically cleaned the injectors and replaced o-rings, car feels better but still the same symptoms, I bought a set of new injectors, if that doesn't cure it, it will be new throttle body :( hope you solve it soon... I don't mind the lumpy idle, but the loss of power I can't with that.

Clio 2 ph.2 - 172
Oh.. Forgot it... MAP and CTS both nee also!!!... IAT gets good reading on Clip.. Also new petrol pump done...

Clio 182
I took all the intake back off to check the other day all seemed good but I put it back with a very small amount of sealant just to make sure also the map sensor made no difference im am going to check the injectors next hope I find it soon as its so annoying :-/

Clio 182
Checked the injectors today by removing each plug whilst engine was running and the rpm drop was the same on all 4 so they should be ok really am rather stumped on what to check now ????

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I'm having the same issue too. Must be a group curse!
AA came to my house and diagnosed it as injector #4, picked a new one up. Got the rail off with a bit of wiggling and tugging. Pulled out injector (little splash of fuel) new injector pushed/clipped in. I'm now struggling to get the rail back in. Don't want to break something. Does it just need a bit of pressure?

Last edited:
  Clio 182
When replacing the injector I have always inserted the injectors into the rail first then inserted the whole assembly into the manifold a very small amount of lube on the seals also wouldn't go a miss hope this helps

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
AA came to my house and diagnosed it as injector #4, picked a new one up. Got the rail off with a bit of wiggling and tugging. Pulled out injector (little splash of fuel) new injector pushed/clipped in. I'm now struggling to get the rail back in. Don't want to break something. Does it just need a bit of pressure?

When replacing the injector I have always inserted the injectors into the rail first then inserted the whole assembly into the manifold a very small amount of lube on the seals also wouldn't go a miss hope this helps

I've only replaced the one injector so would rather not remove the other three. I'm looking for the way it should feel when pushing them in. I have put a little bit of lube on the o-rings that go into the head. Obviously this would explain them coming out easier, but there is no visual 'click' when they're pushed in

Take all the injectors out the manifold.
Put them in the rail.
Then put then in the manifold. Use lube! (That's what she said)

Easiest way mate. Does take a bit of a push still

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Take all the injectors out the manifold.
Put them in the rail.
Then put then in the manifold. Use lube! (That's what she said)

Easiest way mate. Does take a bit of a push still
Thanks.
i've got them back in, put a fair about of pressure on them. Tightened the two bolts up, plugs back on. Had it sat idling for 5mins and no leaks. Engine management light is on though, will plug RSTUNER in tomorrow, see what the issue is

Clio 172
Not sure if it is the same issue but I had what sounds very similar.
Is yours a early PH2?
If so I would try the speedo sensor.
Does your speedo wave about sometimes ?

Mine did and I got a new aftermarket job from EBay and all cured now.

The ECU must get data from the sensor.

20140411_154219.jpg