ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Judder in reverse

My 182 has recently started to judder when I’m going backwards in reverse. It is worst when I am reversing going up a hill! Most force on the clutch. Renault has told me that it needs a new clutch kit and that a new one is not covered under warranty even though the car is still with its warranty limit! A new one is going to cost about £741, which they are, for some reason going to pay 60% of. No idea why they are doing this? Has anyone had this problem before? Or have any idea why they would offer to pay 60% of the cost if it is not covered under warranty?!! Cheers

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Clutches are classed as a wear and tear item. Normally Renault do offer a "goodwill" contribution on parts depending on the expiration of the manufacturer's warranty and the age / mileage of the vehicle. Things like brakes / clutches / pads etc are not covered. If the vehicle is 6 months over its warranty and the mileage is within reason they will contribute a certain percentage of the repair costs providing the vehicle has been regularly maintained by a Renault dealership and the service book is up to date. I think they have made an acception with your car - your lucky.