ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JR tuning, Sittingbourne

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Hi all
Has anyone on here had any experience with JR Tuning in Sittingbourne? I have been searching around for places near me that do re-maps and these guys turned up. Any opinions?

106GTI / NovaC20LET
In all honesty mate i really wouldn't waste your money on a remap for a 1.2 the gains will be so minimal its just not worth it, always gonna be a slow car i mean the 1*2's aint exactly quick in the grand scheme of things. If anything i'd strip it will notice more from that than a remap plus its free. Just save your cash for a 172, can get a good one for about £1200.

Clio 1.2tce DSX
In all honesty mate i really wouldn't waste your money on a remap for a 1.2 the gains will be so minimal its just not worth it, always gonna be a slow car i mean the 1*2's aint exactly quick in the grand scheme of things. If anything i'd strip it will notice more from that than a remap plus its free. Just save your cash for a 172, can get a good one for about £1200.

Thanks for your concern about wasting my money but that's not really what I asked....I am fully aware of what's on the market but want to make my car my own, make it more personal, something I will enjoy for my own pleasures not anyone else's... but are you really saying that my 1.2tce engine coupled with 182 injectors and rail potential gains up from 100bhp and 107ft-lbs claimed out of the factory to approximately 140bhp and 150ft-lbs (which is what a Twingo owner on here is running from roughly the same kind of setup from the same 1.2tce & 182 injectors and rail + a FMIC) is minimal gains? And take into account the 182 has around 148ft-lbs claimed out of the factory and the 200 had around 159ft-lbs claimed out of the factory. But according to you that's minimal gains? So going back to my question...it was really had anyone had any experience with them good or bad?

Twingo GT
They are pretty great engines, highly tunable and where the car is light they just fly!!

Clio 1.2tce DSX
They are pretty great engines, highly tunable and where the car is light they just fly!!

Oh good :) although the weight of the fat clio might hold it back a little but I'm interested to see what it's like after a bit of an upgrade here and there!! need to get saving! Going up be upgrading my brakes over the next couple of months to brembo discs and pads simply because my current ones are about to die so may as well do it now, no extra power yet but to my mind stopping faster is stopping safer!!! And is never a bad thing!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
say your kerb weight is 1100kg? and you hope to have 140bhp. Thats 140 [FONT=arial, sans-serif]÷ 1100. 127bhp per ton. Clio 172 cup making lets say 168bhp, divide that by 1020 and we have 164bhp per tone. So yeah minimal gains considering you wont even get near a standard 172. Not to mention gonna cost atleast another 600/700 notes to get the mods on and mapped to a decent standard at which point you then need to declare your mods to insurance company which will bend you over backwards for only god knows how much £££ as im guessing your a young driver which in turn means you probably wont declare them then next thing you know 'smash' you've hit the back of someone showing off your new rocketship to your friends. Cars gone, no payout, rising prices for everyone. Cheers :) Or you could sell car buy a 172 insure it for a good few years have a quicker car than you would after modding a 1.2 and save your money for holidays christmas girlfriends etc etc.

Having said that your cash do what you want lol. only backing up my original point of it been a huge waste of money.

Don't get me wrong I love modding cars as much as the next person but do it to something worth while.[/FONT]

Clio 1.2tce DSX
say your kerb weight is 1100kg? and you hope to have 140bhp. Thats 140 [FONT=arial, sans-serif]÷ 1100. 127bhp per ton. Clio 172 cup making lets say 168bhp, divide that by 1020 and we have 164bhp per tone. So yeah minimal gains considering you wont even get near a standard 172. Not to mention gonna cost atleast another 600/700 notes to get the mods on and mapped to a decent standard at which point you then need to declare your mods to insurance company which will bend you over backwards for only god knows how much £££ as im guessing your a young driver which in turn means you probably wont declare them then next thing you know 'smash' you've hit the back of someone showing off your new rocketship to your friends. Cars gone, no payout, rising prices for everyone. Cheers :) Or you could sell car buy a 172 insure it for a good few years have a quicker car than you would after modding a 1.2 and save your money for holidays christmas girlfriends etc etc.

Having said that your cash do what you want lol. only backing up my original point of it been a huge waste of money.

Don't get me wrong I love modding cars as much as the next person but do it to something worth while.[/FONT]

Fair comeback :) not having a go dude but loving the banter...but no not into showing off or racing, and i can handle a car i know my own limits, driven many a fast car including a maserati cambiacorsa and a mercedes slk 55 AMG, perks of being in the motor trade, I guess in the grande scheme of things I am youngish (24) but not naive and I do declare my mods thank you very much! don't really appreciate the judgemental stereo typing of young people though bit harsh! just wana do my thing and do it my way, if I get enjoyment from it don't see that's it anyone else's problem. I'm aware it not going to be the fastest thing going not what I'm after...want to see what can be done with it.
Fair play on your argument but I still think 140bhp(possibly) out of the 1.2 will be a fun feat to try and achieve! not arguing over this just putting down my opinions as you are yours, your entitled to them. Dont mean to come across aggressive at all if it does :-/

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Hey man no hard feelings what so ever just passing on abit of wisdom thats all ive wasted thousands and thousands on modding cars and plan to continue doing so lol. I just know what happens next you spend that and you'll still want more power trust me. its happened to me fairly recently lol put 428's in the cup, now I've just argreed a price on a new engine I'm gonna strip apart rebuild and replace all seals bearings etc and drop in some forged pistons, rods and arp bolts then send it to rstuning and let them have there wicked way with it hoping for 300+ bhp :)

basically all i'm trying to say is have a think about it before you spend on that car cause you WILL want more power y:evil:eek:u won't be able to get from that engine. Boost is like crack once you've had it you just want more lmao.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I am relitively local & haven't heard of them. I would only use a firm i'd heard of or seen their work IMO.

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Hey man no hard feelings what so ever just passing on abit of wisdom thats all ive wasted thousands and thousands on modding cars and plan to continue doing so lol. I just know what happens next you spend that and you'll still want more power trust me. its happened to me fairly recently lol put 428's in the cup, now I've just argreed a price on a new engine I'm gonna strip apart rebuild and replace all seals bearings etc and drop in some forged pistons, rods and arp bolts then send it to rstuning and let them have there wicked way with it hoping for 300+ bhp :)

basically all i'm trying to say is have a think about it before you spend on that car cause you WILL want more power y:evil:eek:u won't be able to get from that engine. Boost is like crack once you've had it you just want more lmao.

Ah that's cool no worries, good luck with your project though! I just figured I may as well spend some money on making it a bit more mine and make it put a bigger smile on my face than it already does. I'm just intrigued as to what can be safely achieved from a 1.2 with a little turbo strapped to it :)

Twingo GT
Well they are so much better and more responsive when tuned!! I mean my GT is amazing on fuel but also when you need the power it's there! 5th feels like 3rd and its just a great little thing! People just don't believe it's a 1.2...

And to after all it's how you wanna spend your own money. Go for it if you wanna pal!

172 Cup
Are you actually being serious?
If you are I do hope your not too stubborn to change your mind.
Surely at your age you haven't got to worry about insurance to much anymore. I had group 20 at your age (5 years ago) for £800 a year.
WTF

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2tce DSX
Are you actually being serious?
If you are I do hope your not too stubborn to change your mind.
Surely at your age you haven't got to worry about insurance to much anymore. I had group 20 at your age (5 years ago) for £800 a year.
WTF

I have only been driving since i was 19 and have 3 points and no no claims until December due to a minor bump going 50/50. Coupled with my job as a mechanic puts my insurance on my 1.2 tce up to just shy of £2000!! But according to my insurance company should fall to around £1200 come December.... Sucks!

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Well they are so much better and more responsive when tuned!! I mean my GT is amazing on fuel but also when you need the power it's there! 5th feels like 3rd and its just a great little thing! People just don't believe it's a 1.2...

And to after all it's how you wanna spend your own money. Go for it if you wanna pal!

I will almost definitely do it at some point...need to raise the funds first :-( bit I figure a good long term project and at least with the miles I do the 1.2 is pretty good on petrol even in the heavier Clio!

Twingo GT
Petrol on mine is astounding! If I'm going just too and from work... 20miles a day... £20 sees me 2weeks at least!!