ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jon's E46 Topaz Blue 330Ci

Titanium 182
Kinda Jon, heated seats, xenons and a decent sound system, any colour will do as long as its not black.

Probs prefer a manual option.

Kinda Jon, heated seats, xenons and a decent sound system, any colour will do as long as its not black.

Probs prefer a manual option.

Oh, I would of loved all those but rare and out of budget.

I really wanted a black one. Like mega bad. I went to see this one, was awesome spec, but condition was pretty poor :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359397698.696754.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359397718.461841.jpg

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'd leave the badge personally, looks neater without. And it won't take people long to realise it not a 318i when they hear that bassy exhaust as you waft past and are off in the distance.

I get similar mpg as I do a lot of town driving btw.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Nice car, I always wanted those wheels on my 3 series if I was going to lower it.

New plates, maybe facelift lights, MV1's and its sorted!

I was having a look at the butterfly valve in the exhaust yesterday, It's stuck shut. I tried bashing it, to move it, but its just bend it a little. I think I'll probably just bash the whole thing out.

The back box has twin exit, one pipe is essentially longer inside the back box, the other is a 'straight pipe' though the back box. That one has a butterfly valve on it, that opens above 3 or 4k. Its essentially to keep it quite at low revs, similar to the acoustic valve on the 1*2's.

True dat. I need to borrow a DA from someone so I can give it the full works. I Gtechniq'd the glass yesterday, looks much better now, very 'glossy'.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it will look very nice with a good detail. If you need a hand doing it then just let me know.

I just need to go and find a car now, not like I've got much to do before the meet LOL.

Yeah it will look very nice with a good detail. If you need a hand doing it then just let me know.

I just need to go and find a car now, not like I've got much to do before the meet LOL.

Yeah will do! I need to order a load of things for cleaning and maintenance as well :(

Hurry up and just buy one ;)

Weeman sucks ****
I recommend the Eibach pro spring kit. Had them fitted to my touring and it's a nice mod for the small cost, and a little drop gives it a better look.

Plus if you find the car isn't sitting even both sides it's a common issue don't worry. Easily fixed too.

Nice cars these after rattling around in a clio for 10 years, but i do miss the cup.

I recommend the Eibach pro spring kit. Had them fitted to my touring and it's a nice mod for the small cost, and a little drop gives it a better look.

Plus if you find the car isn't sitting even both sides it's a common issue don't worry. Easily fixed too.

Nice cars these after rattling around in a clio for 10 years, but i do miss the cup.

It sits fine by the looks of things. I'm not really planning on putting springs/coilovers on this one. I'm just going to tidy it up, I've ordered a genuine thermostat and a 330Ci bootlid badge as well. I very nearly bought two new genuine tail pipe covers, but I'm going to take mine off and attack them first.

Leon Cupra 300
Looks nice.. It's crying out for MV1's though.

Don't do the LED lights, just look wrong on the pre-facelift.

Looks nice.. It's crying out for MV1's though.

Don't do the LED lights, just look wrong on the pre-facelift.

Still 50/50 on if I'll get some or not.

Not sure how you mean by looking wrong. The rear of the pre-facelift is the same as the facelift, is it not?

I've got LED's all over mine from when i bought it. Inside and out, and it looks crapola!

Yeah, I just meant the LED rear light clusters, which came on the pre-facelift. I wont be attacking it and replacing every bulb with an LED.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Only just had chance to read this Jon;( looks ace by the way and I am so glad that you didn't get black I love the colour and can't wait to see it in the flesh!

Only just had chance to read this Jon;( looks ace by the way and I am so glad that you didn't get black I love the colour and can't wait to see it in the flesh!

I still do wish I got a black one, maybe next time...

When I first went to see the car, I noticed there was a tapping coming from the inlet. After being sure that it wasn't internal to the engine I bought it. A few days after buying it, I found out it was the DISA Valve. From what I understand it modulates the airbox inlet length via a flap. There is a metal pin and plastic part that holds the flap in place, they become worn and rattle. I bought a repair kit for the valve and fixed that the first week of owning the car.

Basically the new part has a new design, preventing excessive ware and most importantly preventing the pin from falling into the head!

Before:

8419566361_fa18e6f95d_z.jpg

SDC18943 by Jon Garrett, on Flickr

Pin and plastic part:

8419565299_fffbf5f1ce_z.jpg

SDC18946 by Jon Garrett, on Flickr

Rebuilt:

8419564271_882828277b_z.jpg

SDC18949 by Jon Garrett, on Flickr

I found out in the week that my passenger exterior door handle had stopped working. Lucky for me, it was a common issue. The cable comes out of a 'clip' stopping it working. All I had to do was whip the door card off put it back in place and cable tie it in place to stop it happening again. Easy Job.

Next up, the exhaust tips were looking VERY tired, so I pulled them off and gave them a polish. I think they are well past there best though, so I might buy new ones, which I think are about £30 each.

Off & Before:

8479459923_735e9e2542_z.jpg

tips_4 by Jon Garrett, on Flickr

Polished as best as possible:

8480551364_0d2977d297_z.jpg

tips_2 by Jon Garrett, on Flickr

Re-fitted:

8479460229_b5c9debfc1_z.jpg

tips_3 by Jon Garrett, on Flickr

Pete snapped a picture of the car at Oulton a week ago, I 100000% need new plates. Just waiting on Insurance renewal then I can transfer my private plate. I'm also going to spray the lower grill satin black as it looks very tired now.

8479459973_d5d11458da_z.jpg

330_at_Oulton by Jon Garrett, on Flickr

The car is booked in at the garage this week for a couple of jobs

• Rear drives wheel bearing
  • Thermostat and Coolant flush
  • Wheel balancing and tracking

Once thats all done, I'm aiming DA the whole car so I can stick my 330 C

8479463669_c4b0a598e0_z.jpg

SDC19129 by Jon Garrett, on Flickr

Leon Cupra 300
Still 50/50 on if I'll get some or not.

Not sure how you mean by looking wrong. The rear of the pre-facelift is the same as the facelift, is it not?

Yeah, I just meant the LED rear light clusters, which came on the pre-facelift. I wont be attacking it and replacing every bulb with an LED.

More or less - the facelift did have a bit of a wider boot handle but it's hardly noticeable.

I think it's because they look obviously newer (to me) they don't look so good on the older shape car. Like MV2's don't look right on the pre-facelift but look right on the facelift.

That's just my opinion, though. They won't ruin the car!

Yeah, I think I know what you mean now I've looked at them more and more.

I was thinking of getting these, as mine are pretty mankey, however the guy seems to think they don't fit his coupe because they are the wrong shape. So I've no idea if he's chatting bull or he's right. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150994412831?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I'm not sure how far I want to go with this car, I'm tempted to buy some things like tail lights, exhaust tips, side repeaters, xenon headlights, MV1's etc etc, but I just don't know if I want to try and make this mint like the Trophy.

Never above 25mpg
Good work Jon, brillo pads did a good job on the exhaust for me! I'm going to buy a new backbox eventually so I never went down the new tip route!

Small update, had the thermostat replaced, coolant/antifreeze flushed, rear wheel bearing replaced, tracking and balancing done. Went to pick up Rhys' 306 ShedTurbo yesterday and on a 250mile round trip got 33MPG, which was great. Lovely to drive on long journeys.

Today I got the front bumper off and started spraying my lower grill satin black, although I ran out of paint so had to call it a day and just threw it back on. Does look better now though. I'm in need of a couple of rear tyres however I've still not really decided what I'm doing. Not sure if I'm keeping it long, or want to keep the 68's, or buy some MV1's. I'm hoping I can pick up a set of cheap MV1's with tyres this coming weekend, its just a matter of if someone else wants them (who asked the seller first).

I've also bought some detailing supplies, I'm hoping to takle the car paintwork in the coming weeks, as it needs some life putting back into the paint.