ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS RS2

I'm seriously considering getting a RS2 for my 172 cup but not 100% certain atm, does anyone have any idea how much faster it really makes it? Such as 0-60 and 0-100 times? My car already has H&R's, Brembos etc so the handling side of it is spot on but would now like abit more power!

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
You get about 195bhp so much more power. 0-60 times are subject to what tyres you have and your clutch condition.

195 is not correct Kev, typical results are between 183 & 192 totally car dependant @ RSTuning.

The one prototype RS2 Xtra on Nicks cup / race car regularly makes 196 ish, but expect less for a standard RS2 package.

There are a couple of vids on Youtube of some heroic road driving IIRC.

Last edited:
  None :(
I would say it certainly feels like a faster car, so it feels like the 0-60's are quicker, but never timed it ;)

Oh Tom, email *cough cough*

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
195 is not correct Kev, typical results are between 183 & 192 totally car dependant @ RSTuning.

The one prototype RS2 Xtra on Nicks cup / race car regularly makes 196 ish, but expect less for a standard RS2 package.

There are a couple of vids on Youtube of some heroic road driving IIRC.

ahh well I was going from memory. Still better than any other bolt on induction mod :D

I have good fresh rubber all round and my clutch is all gooood! In reality would it maybe take off 0.5?1 sec? The Xtra isn't near production yet though is it? I am quite impatient and can't see myself waiting for the Xtra when the normal one is ready to go now, although 196 is quite impressive when compared to 183! Are the torque figures similar?

No worries Kev.

If I am honest I can't see the Xtra being produced anytime soon as the costs become prohibitive (bonnet catches, cutting etc etc). Moves away from one of the key strengths of the RS2 which is that is it requires no cutting & chopping. It can be returned to stock in 3 hours.

I guess the normal one is the winner then! Although I do personally like the look of the catches and am not too fussed about putting it back to standard as I doubt il sell the car ever! How much would the Xtra cost? Even just a rough guestimation? Is there going to be another group buy? Thanks for the replies aswell!