ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jms rs2 pipercross filter

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm making a foam sock for mine... if it works out I plan on making a few.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
From the sizes that come with this kit they only rate filter to 160 hp

My turbo was doing 258bhp on one, and there have been plenty of RS2 cars over 190bhp, so that rating must be very much on the conservative side.

I wouldnt go expecting gains if swapping to a different size TBH on a standard engine with an RS2, I honestly dont believe it is restrictive at that level.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip, would a bell shape inside the filterneck be an improvement or would the difference be negligible? because it currently has a 90deg shoulder.

It would certainly extend the flow possible from the filter, but I doubt thats the bottle neck on standard cams etc so for that specific application I would be surprised if you saw any difference, might manage a bhp or two, but its so hard to actually accurately measure those sort of differences (rolling road runs on the same car vary that much between runs IME normally anyway)
If you have the space and you need a new filter, there is no downside really to fitting a bigger one, but like I said I wouldnt actually expect gains the one that came with the kit does seem to work very well despite not being massive.

Dan did 200bhp on one on his with 197 cams using that filter.