ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS Inlet manifold

clio cup 172
Hi, Does anyone know were I can get a JMS Ilet manifold or has anyone got one for sale for a clio 182 ?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Dont expect much power increase .Got 1 on mine.A lot of money for what it is

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
But they command good money in the second hand market, in most cases they're fit and forget, they allow you to retain cruise control and air-con, offer fair power gains and fantastic driveability through the consistency of the torque 'curve', so in the grand scheme of things they're a strong proposition for a fast-road and occasional track car.

172 Turbo

When I was looking for one, I sat and went through the old threads on here, and found like you many people got a small power increase. They seemed to normally punt it on.

There are the others who got the good figures.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
When I was looking for one, I sat and went through the old threads on here, and found like you many people got a small power increase. They seemed to normally punt it on.

The biggest issue is that most people expect a 30-40hp increase from just the inlet. It's n/a tuning, not boost. These sorts of increases just don't happen with n/a tuning for much below 5k.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon

True agree.Originally was going too go for Ed low boost last summer .But was put off by the various posts on them going wrong.Dont get me wrong the inlet looks nice and sounds good.But after remap costs ,engine mounts etc.It is a lot of money out,I could remove it and go low boost.But dont know wha the inlet would go for as their being made again so not so rare.

53 Clio's & counting
The problem is the F4R differs SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much between engines.

There were plenty of RS2's that were above 190bhp, some over 195 bhp and a few touched the 200bhp mark.

The lowest I remember seeing was about 182bhp - this shows the difference between a good engine and a bad one.

Also the results will always differ between mapping and rolling roads too.

As said, the big advantages of the RS2 are the torque increase throughout a big chunk of rev range and the added high end performance - don't get hung up on power figures - the fact is if it goes better after that is all that matters - Hence why we show typical results but do not guarantee anything as there are such a great difference in F4R's - the same reason how you can have one 172 that will do 170bhp and another identical car can do high 150's.

The prices that we think will be the most popular kits are:

Full kit supplied to the customer - £995

Full kit supplied, fitted and mapped by Dan @ SJM - £1495

Bear in mind they are lightweight, hugely strong (The inlet itself can comfortably take 10+ bar of pressure) , is made of genuine carbon fibre and looks great, they are a great product if you wish to keep all your standard features and want the option of returning the car to standard in the future (Very popular on Trophy's for this reason)

172 Ph1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453576214.928687.jpg

Really looking forward to getting mine Mapped .
I fitted mine last week and have only tickled the throttle on its first outing as the map needs re-doing.
I have 438's fitted so I should see some good more oomph out of it [emoji2]

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I have spent days (literally)
Looking at turbo and inlets (not superchargers because I like air con, f**k me right? )
High boost is nothing but problems from build to maintaining it ( they might not fail but its just not worth the effort I don't want to have to worry its going to break all the time my car been enough of a c**t standard) a 280bhp+ Clio though would be pure sex

Low boost seems to be more reliable but your still looking at 3 grand (buy a megane 225 and map it for that)
And a lot of people have it done and sell the car quickly after this rings alarm bells for me and put the above put me off also concerned about it being kept on normal internals
But a 230bhp Clio is a cracking sleeper

Although I'm quite handy with cars I don't have the skills to fix and maintain a turbo car so I would be flinging money after money at it.
I had a few turbo cars in the past that went from na to turbo (xr2i turbo calibra turbo) but my brother built and looked after them sadly he can no longer do that.

Inlets seem to be very disappointing but I suspect that's because people are expecting turbo gains, they improve the way the car delivers power rather than giving it a lump on top
I also noticed that's gains people are getting depends on mapping it (I can bake a cake but I'll never be as good as my mum my point being some people are better than others at thing this accounts for a lot of things in life)
With inlets you also won't need to worry about it breaking or putting extra strain on the engine. Plus look how awesome it looks ( you know them girl racer slags you know girls that pretend to like cars so boys like them ? I guarantee at you get your pole smoked a few times just showing them that.

My car is going for an rs2 and map in June at the cost of 1400 quid, because I think sacrificing a bit of power for reliability is a good trade off and I just had to buy a new engine lol

I'm no expert and I'm not saying any of the choices are wrong, the above is just what I gathered from reading and annoying people with questions.

Why do any of them ? Simple because racecar

big boost cup
Space will more than likely be the issue with running this and boost. I read last night it can take 10bar of pressure so it could work

172 Ph1
Ive emailed engine dynamics to see if i supplied the rs2, would they fit it with thier low boost kit..

Money wasted if you had the Rs2 and a low boost kit. A £1k manifold against a £100 or so matched or standard inlet manifold that the boost would have no trouble with . Spend the saved money on other bits imo.

Money wasted if you had the Rs2 and a low boost kit. A £1k manifold against a £100 or so matched or standard inlet manifold that the boost would have no trouble with . Spend the saved money on other bits imo.

Oh i get it, so you mean the ammount of air pushed in to the inlet will be similar ammount even withe rs2 on there? I thought it may help push more and maybe get it upto the 250bhp mark running the same psi.

dan's cast offs.
only real benefit using one would be you might get slightly cooler intake temps as you don't have the runners going over the top of the engine. that was my plan for the turkish one if it didn't get any decent gains.

big boost cup
Also thinking about it the standard inlet/tb will flow enough for 450hp or so
Only benefits really are looks and lower intake temps