ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jenvey itbs

Mec 350 slk manual
Hi looking at a set of jenvey itbs 90 m trumpets , filter , will they fit under the bonnet with out losing the slam panel,
thanks

Cup In bits
Someone will correct me probably but I'm pretty sure its possible to fit 90's with the correct filter choice and maybe a little trim on the panel that will avoid you fitting bonnet pins.

Mec 350 slk manual
Thanks mate
I have to look into this it might be the case of removing the slam panel and fitting aero catches .

Nope - there's no room for a filter - you have to lose the slam panel with nearly all jenvey setups unless you run really small trumpets and then you're just sacrificing power :(

The 90mm trumpets on mine just about touched the slam panel without a filter fitted

Cup In bits
Nope - there's no room for a filter - you have to lose the slam panel with nearly all jenvey setups unless you run really small trumpets and then you're just sacrificing power :(

The 90mm trumpets on mine just about touched the slam panel without a filter fitted

You could trim the slam panel I think though Phil if you have the right filter and back plate choice, as you say the trumpets nearly touch the slam panel so 30mm on top for the filter which will still leave some panel when trimmed....no?

This back plate

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/home/access...y-dynamics/airbox-backplate-50mm-deep-abb2-50

This filter

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/home/access...jenvey-dynamics/air-filter-430x140x65-abf2-65

Last edited:
You could possibly trim the slam panel down - but I remember when I tried to refit mine with the 90mm trumpets in place that the locking mechanism was only about 5-10mm away

I remember thinking about the only thing that would fit is socks and they sap power
Even that filter you've linked they recommend more than a 10mm gap between the end of the trumpets and the filter

It's a lot of faffing about and loss of power just to save fitting bonnet pins :)

106GTI / NovaC20LET
If your gonna do itbs might as well do it right! Lose the slam panel, no point spending all that money and not getting the full potential out of them.