ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM Civic Type R @ Oulton Park (26/5/10)

M135i
Hi all, bought one of those photo packages you get on a trackday, so just thought I'd share a few with you.

Don't know if anyone went today (watching or driving), but you may have seen me launch into a 70mph spin on the first corner! Twas not a nice experience I can tell you!

Typically, the photographer missed the spin, but oh well. From what some spectators told me afterwards, it looked pretty spectacular!

RYE_4993.jpg

RYE_4724.jpg

ALF_1732.jpg

ALF_1421.jpg

ALF_0981.jpg

ALF_0853.jpg

RYE_5297.jpg

Overall, was reasonably happy with how the car did. Wasn't as great as the first time I had it on track, but was to be expected as the tyres and front brakes are well past their best.

More disappointed in myself though. First trackday of the year (last one I did was back in December), but took me a while to get into the groove.... I was awful in the morning finally culminating in the spin which was 100% driver error.

Managed to string some better laps in the afternoon, but the heavens opened and I decided to call it a day since I'd already pushed my luck with the spin where I finished literally a metre from the barrier.

Thanks for looking, and as ever all comments welcome!

Car looks awesome dude.

What brakes and tyres are you using?

Saw one of these in white at Snetterton, however he binned it after 2 laps. :-(

Went home on a trailer

M135i
Cheers Jamie.

Car is running Goodyear F1 Asymetrics at the moment.

Rear brakes I've got Mugen slotted discs and type z pads, whilst the front has the OEM disc with Ferrodo DS2500s.

Yeah, I head on the FD2 forums about the white one. :dapprove:

To be fair the car just grips and grips, but when it does go, it just snaps big time as I found out today!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I am in love with this car!! Looks stunning! How did it fair against the EP3?

And explain the number plate?

M135i
I am in love with this car!! Looks stunning! How did it fair against the EP3?

And explain the number plate?

Standard FD2 vs standard EP3, and I'm certain the FD2 will easily pull a lead.

However, the red EP3 in the pics is my brother's supercharged one, running approximately 270bhp and its also got Toyo 888s against my 'normal' road tyres.

Obviously the EP3 was quicker on the straights, but we were swapping cars throughout the day and me and both my brothers agreed that the FD2 is more composed and accurate through the bends, and is actually the probably more enjoyable car to drive.

It does make me want to supercharge mine now though.......:lolup:

As for the plate, think about it in chinese? ;)

RB One Eight Two
Stunning looking car that is! My cousin is well into his Honda's and is looking at buying a JDM EP3

M135i
So nice mate, how do they compare to the DC5? Have you had any experience with one?

Only ever had a passenger ride in a DC5. The FD2 I'd say seems a bit stiffer and slightly more hardcore which is a little surprising since the FD2 looksa bit more sombre in its saloon suit, though it is a much newer car so it isn't that surprising that its moved the game on a little bit.

Good lad! Taking a JDM CTR onto track where it should be!

Aye, certainly makes all those backbreaking winter months of putting up with its ride on potholed roads worthwhile!

Have you had chance to get your racebase on track yet??

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Only ever had a passenger ride in a DC5. The FD2 I'd say seems a bit stiffer and slightly more hardcore which is a little surprising since the FD2 looksa bit more sombre in its saloon suit, though it is a much newer car so it isn't that surprising that its moved the game on a little bit.

Aye, certainly makes all those backbreaking winter months of putting up with its ride on potholed roads worthwhile!

Have you had chance to get your racebase on track yet??

I haven't i'm afraid, been too busy with work and crap getting ready for a little trip i'm doing shortly :( will definately be taking it somewhere decent when i'm back though!

BMW F21 125d
I was spectacting yesterday afternoon for a bit (whilst it rained), and saw your JDM chasing a Blue Scooby for a fair few laps... Seemed a few nice motors out, them BMW's were rapid.

M135i
^^^^

Yeah, were you parked on the hill? Think I might have caught a Clio out of the corner of my eye.

Shame you weren't there in the morning, or you might have caught my massive spin. I was hoping someone might have picked it up on film or camera, but alas it doesn't seem like it.

The race M3s were just stupid quick. Did you see the black Radical? I flinched everytime that blared past!

BMW F21 125d
Yes mate, parked on the hill near Cascades looking over towards KnickerBrook.

I wanted to be there in the morning, but Sky HD Installation team had other ideas!

Later on, I went to the last corner, Lodge, but you werent out and about then, there was a white DC2 pottering about though.