ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JB1 lsd

renault twingo cup
I am building a racing twingo for circuit and would like to install LSD to a JB1 gearbox. Any Ideas where to get it?
we must run 1.2 l engine

renault twingo cup
Well assuming the jb1 gearbox runs the same size diff as a jb3/jc5, you’ve got a few options. I can supply and fit a Quaife or a gripper. Unfortunately I don’t know if they share the same sized diff.

Whereabouts in the world are you mate?
What's the difference between those two? Sorry but lsd is new to me. 💔💔💔

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
What's the difference between those two? Sorry but lsd is new to me. 💔💔💔
So the Quaife is what’s known as a automatic torque biasing differential, so it sends drive to the wheel that’s spinning, but it never fully locks giving 100% drive. A gripper is a plate diff. This means the amount of lock up the diff gives can be setup according to the desired usage. However, the gripper will need servicing to maintain the preload.

The Quaife is fit and forget.

You can build both of them over in Slovenia, but you’ll need to get someone to fit the original crownwheel to both diffs.

renault twingo cup
So the Quaife is what’s known as a automatic torque biasing differential, so it sends drive to the wheel that’s spinning, but it never fully locks giving 100% drive. A gripper is a plate diff. This means the amount of lock up the diff gives can be setup according to the desired usage. However, the gripper will need servicing to maintain the preload.

The Quaife is fit and forget.

You can build both of them over in Slovenia, but you’ll need to get someone to fit the original crownwheel to both diffs.

how much is such lsd