ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbroke my 3gs on 4.0 another sim wont work

02' PH1 172
I thought a jailbreak was meant to allow the use of other sims, but if I put my South African sim in, I get some wierd stuff in a language that I really dont understand. See grabs...

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

anyone able to help?

ps. This sim used to work in my old iphone 3gs on O2 before. I had it unlocked via O2. So its defo not the sim..

Cupra
You have to install ultrasn0w for the unlock. There is a guide here.

The second screen is just your sim pin lock screen. You will have to enter the pin number for the simcard to use it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its also why i unstuck the JB thread. Not enough people know what they are doing.

They just want pikey "free" apps

02' PH1 172
Huh? whats wrong with the way I have done it with jailbreakme? I'm not after the pikey "free apps". I just wanted to unlock my phone and customise it the way I want to. I have already paid for all the apps that I want and use. Surely unsticking something that people dont know what they are doing with... nevermind. And I did do research, obv not enough and I apologize for that.

Thanks for the help Andy

MK2 Clio
TBH on newer firmware it gets harder, I jailbroke mine in 3.0 - 3.2.3 and before but now it becomes harder and harder and I just don't have the time to find the sites, Most people I know use the jailbreak tool just to make their own apps and use wifi only programs on 3g :)