ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacking points

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I took my car to a garage ones, and they jacked up the car and bent my sill :S where my jacking point is i think...

Don't know where to jack my car up at the front now... wht can i do?

Last edited:

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Having never used the renault jack i cant remember what they look like or how they fix on, but my guess would be trolley jack, block of wood... hey presto!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I got given a trolley jack by my next door neighbour, hes had it for ages, but said hes too old to use it now, so given it to me...

Though the hydrolics in it has gone, so doesnt pump no more... any ideas?

Punto/Clio GTT
nothing unsafe about it really, just change the oil, clean it up, jack up the car, get an axle stand under there, done

Ph1 172 + Combo van
are you doing it right twist the handle anti clockwise until it stops then try and jack it up. if that doesn't work it needs oil.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
  Ph1 172 + Combo van
LOL my dads a mechanic and i been working at his garage for like 4 weeks now, using them everyday, and i am wrong yeah it is clock wise. anti clock wise to let the car down:eek: what was i thinking

Renaultsport Clio V6
I have had my sills bent over, because mine has more weight to lift on the back end so i designed this to support jacking if it helps. Made mine from some off cut mahogney.

JackBlock.gif

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Will need to bend these back! As i won't be getting side skirts to cover them! lol