ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive got 1000 pounds to spend

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
To get the best improvement in lap time should i buy

1. A lsd and light weight fly wheel
2. Bump steer correction kit
3. Power steering, Air con and heater removal.

My only criteria is which one of these will improve my lap time on a mix of tracks (fast flowing, long straights with sharp entry and exit and circut where your constantly turning)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Its a 172 ph2 got cams rs2 inlet 182 exhast manifold with decat and hi flow exhaust totally stripped out for track. Bilstien coil overs,poly bushes uograded mounts and swaybar im in aus so lucky enough to have Phillip island, sandown, winton and BATHURST

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Hi..

Out of the options you've listed it's a tough one... as a side note I'd always start with tyres, buying the best ones you can, then i'd concentrate on removing weight (will help everywhere, accel/cornering/braking) then worry about brakes/power ... getting back to it do you mean geo correction as part of the bump steer correction? Or just bump steer correction on its own?.. lsd will help with traction out of the corners, bump steer correction will help straight line stability and with cornering and lastly the delete kits will give a small BHP increase but will also reduce car mass, which will help all aspects as I said before.

If you did mean geo correction (for lowered cars) then I'd do that as it will be worth more lap time than the weight reduction of the delete kits and/or the LSD

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Timo your blog is superb. Sorry forgot to mention have upgraded ftont brakes to brembo 4 pot. Control tyres are used (yokos) so nothing i can do there.

Another question in upgrading the brembos i was locking up as balance was out using standard system with dot5. As a quick fix do i just buy a brake balance valve and connect it to the rear system or front system?

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Sorry forgot to also mention min to ground clearence is 100mm so plan to run 100mm at the front edge with a splitter and have the car at 1-2 deg rake.

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Its a track car i want to get hot and sweaty

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate .. ah ok well that ticks tyres off then.. I'd get the geo correction kit which sorts bump steer and corrects the roll centres... it will make the car more stable on the brakes so you can brake slightly later, turn in will be improved and traction will be improved, even to the extend u think you have an LSD diff fitted.. and you'll be faster down the straights as you have exited the last corner quicker... win win .. search ACS Motorsport on Facebook or on here.. kits are great.

Are you locking fronts before rears I take it?

CLIO 182
Thanks mate .. ah ok well that ticks tyres off then.. I'd get the geo correction kit which sorts bump steer and corrects the roll centres... it will make the car more stable on the brakes so you can brake slightly later, turn in will be improved and traction will be improved, even to the extend u think you have an LSD diff fitted.. and you'll be faster down the straights as you have exited the last corner quicker... win win .. search ACS Motorsport on Facebook or on here.. kits are great.

Are you locking fronts before rears I take it?

Thank you mate [emoji8]

Ps hope you're well x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sell your bilsteins, use that money and your £1000 and buy some AST's.

Then buy a diff.