ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've crashed

BG182®
i cant belive what has just happened to me. ive just gone and crashed ma car. i still dont think its really hit me yet but all i can remember is changing gear and hearing them crunch and for some reason then accidently pushed the break down and flipped the car into the bush. witnesses said that the cars back end had spun out and i had gone strait into lampost and flipped it in mid air. the hole fing thats really buggin me at the moment tho is the fact i was only doin 30 odd and somehow flipped it so badly that i broke alampost a tree and smashed the car. anyways after all that the next thing i could remember is im standing by a car with some ppl until the abulance came. looks like me me gettin a 172 is off for a few years nw :cry:

here's the picture the abulance driver took. (im gutted) :(

DSCF4046.gif

GOLF GT TDI
Re: **ive crashed*

by this rate there will be no clios left everyone seems to be crashing hope your ok

BG182®

yea am alryt just abit batterd tho. ma backs tock cut up tho looks like ive been whipped with a knife :(

BG182®

oh dear. Were your modifiations all fully declared to the insurance company?

just a backbox on it all notified to ma policy holder. i know its prob a write off but frm the pics and what the copper told me he said it can be fixed if i was willing to slash out for it.

BG182®
Probs repairable as you say,,, might be just roof, if the A Pillars are toast then its scrappy material.

what sorta price could we be lookin at here?. ive took out a policy thing wive my bank were if u have a car accident they wil pay for the price for the car when u first bought it. so i could just get another car instead? would that be a better idea instead?

www.renparts.co.uk
Probs repairable as you say,,, might be just roof, if the A Pillars are toast then its scrappy material.

what sorta price could we be lookin at here?. ive took out a policy thing wive my bank were if u have a car accident they wil pay for the price for the car when u first bought it. so i could just get another car instead? would that be a better idea instead?

if you don't claim on insurance you will still need to pay for recovery etc, best bet is look at the damage, although it looks major if you get away with a roof panel it may be fixable.

Chocolate Bar™
crashing is a b*****d, but its the insurance companies that really piss me off as they arse you around for so long.

chin up.

BMW 328 Ci
If youve hit the lamp post and flipped in mid air its got to have done some structural damage. My bet is its a write off, the more panels you have done damage to the more likely it is to be. I worte off my BMW rolling at a similar speed, but the A pillar collapsed (Great) so wasnt much question. You may as well go through insurance, how old are you? My 7.5k fault claim and loosing 2 years NCB didnt actually change the amount I was paying as I had gone from 20 to 21 since I took the policy out!

If you did it tonight I doubt your get much sleep, I couldnt stop shaking(despite being calm at the time) and thinking "was that real, yes, b****cks".

I felt a bit bitter as what should have been a small 30mph fender bender that most people have at some point turned into a full on big smash thanks to the rollover that looked a lot worse than it actually was, but on the plus side nobody was injured and I didnt wipe out any pedestrians.

BG182®
glad your ok, my brothers story of how he flipped his clio 3 times sounds scareyly similar :eek: and he also walked away with no injuries. Got to say though clio are built bloody well this is his after 3 rolls.

yeah ya can defo say that m8 the cars done well for 3 rolls :eek:. like someone said erlier on here, if i was in a saxo i wouldnt be here right now. so in all honesty i gotta give the french some credit for their build skills.

BG182®
If youve hit the lamp post and flipped in mid air its got to have done some structural damage. My bet is its a write off, the more panels you have done damage to the more likely it is to be. I worte off my BMW rolling at a similar speed, but the A pillar collapsed (Great) so wasnt much question. You may as well go through insurance, how old are you? My 7.5k fault claim and loosing 2 years NCB didnt actually change the amount I was paying as I had gone from 20 to 21 since I took the policy out!

If you did it tonight I doubt your get much sleep, I couldnt stop shaking(despite being calm at the time) and thinking "was that real, yes, b****cks".

I felt a bit bitter as what should have been a small 30mph fender bender that most people have at some point turned into a full on big smash thanks to the rollover that looked a lot worse than it actually was, but on the plus side nobody was injured and I didnt wipe out any pedestrians.

yea i gotta admit i had hardly any sleep. kept trying to think what happended but just cant remember a thing. but as ya said im glad no1 else was injured aswell which is the main thing but ive spoke to ma old man who's on holiday and from what ive told him he reckons its a write off anyway so im gonna have to face up to that and start lookin for a new car. im only 18 aswell so i guess i will have to make a claim as i only been driving for about 11 months. am so guttted tho cause got such a good quote on a cliosport n now it shot up like a rocket :(