ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've been such a tw*t

I managed to run my battery flat, run out of petrol and lock my only key in the car with the engine running all in the one night.

Had been away for a few days but didn't realise I had left my interior light on in the car. So obviously got back to a dead battery but I had parked the car too close to the fence to get to my barrel lock on the passenger side. Had to pull the car out of the drive with a tow rope and enetually got in via the passenger door. Tried to jump start the car and it wouldn't start. Then remembered I had left it with the petrol light on (always leave the car with no petrol when I go away anywhere), so got some petrol and dumped it in and eventually got the car running. Got out to disconnect the jump leads and when I went to get back in, all the doors were locked with my keys in the car with the engine running.

Absolutely gutted.

Had to wait an hour and a half for the RAC to come out. They basicaly wedged my door open the tinyiest wee bit and managed to put a rod down and hit the electric window button.

Learned a few lessons there.

1. Don't leave my interior light on
  2. Don't let the car get so low on petrol
  3. Always put a window down when working on the car
  4. Buy a spare key from Renault (been quoted £160 :|)
Sorry for the long post, but I thought I'd explain how it all happened

Such a t**t :(

M16a
Re: I've been such a t**t

Your onto a good price for 160 for a new key btw, needs to be specficly coded to your cars system yada yada.,

Lesson learned though eh lol

DCi 100
Hard luck about the car!

I'm going to put my car key on a seperate bunch to my house keys when I get round to it tbh. Never let it go on the red light!

But 160 quid for a key.. unsure if I could!

S23

The Cleee-O
Jesus, that is an unfortunate sequence of events. I'm paranoid about the car locking though so always leave windows down when working on it...even in the rain. lol.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Just get a normal key cut for it! Only needs to be able to open the passenger side lock if the keys are locked in! Cost 3-4 quid max!

Other than that! You fail!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Ha%20ha%202.jpg

Looking back, it is actually quite funny but at the time I was really annoyed. Was ready for just smashing the window to get inside.

I can laugh about it now I suppose, no harm done and hasn't cost me anything other than a tank of petrol although I will get another key at some point.

Car with only one key FTL

Nah, they only wedged it slightly, then stuck a sort of pillow thing down inbetween the door and the frame and pumped air into it just enough to get a big long rod inside the car.

Car is fine after it.

Although I had to go get it washed as it was covered in all the volcano ash s**t because it had been sitting for a few days

ff 182
lol.all thats missing is the lighter to the fule cap to see how much petrol was down there..that.would have been abad hair day....good to see it's ok now