ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iv changed my Dogbone mount but still getting clunking noise? Any ideas?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Basically i was getting clucking from low gear acceleration and also somtimes if i hit a bump in the road. My gearstick was also moving back and forwards on and off throttle.

Iv just finished changing my mount but its still clunking! :( Good news is at least the gear stick is solid now!:clown:

Has anyone got any suggestions of what to check and how to check it?

Patrick

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
I changed mine for a powerflex one, but the knocking only went away when i replaced all the engine mounts

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Have you checked the other mounts at all to rule those out?

not really mate, i grabbed the wheel when it was off the ground and tried to move it up and down to see if it was the top mounts but that was all i checked really.

What should i check next and how?

Evo 6, E92 320d
The main engine mount would be 1st to check, see how far you can move the engine by hand(back and forth).

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
I checked that earlier and i dont think it moves all that far, someone on clio16valver suggested checking the mount under the battery, if i take the battery and battery tray out what am i looking for? How will i tell if its shagged?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
also if it is an engine/gearbox mount would it make sense that it makes a clunk when hitting a bump in the road?

200bhp 172 cup
also if it is an engine/gearbox mount would it make sense that it makes a clunk when hitting a bump in the road?

change them all to be on the safe side mate as once you change 1 worn mount for new it then transferes the movement over to the other worn mounts, litteraly picking on the next weakest link. There not expensive and it transformes the car.

ph - Quick Silver!
The main engine mount would be 1st to check, see how far you can move the engine by hand(back and forth).

Ive got about a 2cm gap from the rubber bit to the metal bit which the mount sits in is this normal? an ive changed all my mounts and engine feels like its moveing about like mad and my gearstick flops about