ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its old skool and French...........

133/225/CLS AMG
I've been looking for a cheap second car, something that I can park anywhere and not have to worry about unlike leaving the Megane or the missus 182 any old place.

Well I fancied something with a bit more character than an a Mk3 Fiesta or Corsa and always had an R5 or Mini in mind. I found this little chappy on Autotrader and picked it up for £650!! :D

Its a 1.4, mostly Renault service history, 84k on the clock and is such a clean tidy little motor. Drives very well apart from the odd creak from the suspension. Something to play with and something I won't worry about if I have to leave it in a train station car park when I go to work. (at the moment I rely on my mum for a lift lol)

The5_1.jpg

The5_4.jpg

The5_2.jpg

The5_5.jpg

Photo-0167.jpg

I'm actually really pleased with it, drives well and is susprisingly nippy. Just needs something sorted with the handling, its like a boat at the moment. Only things I want to do is lower it and put on wider probably 14" rims. That would do it!! lol :D :D

133/225/CLS AMG
Haha its a beast in it own way!! lol

The only thing wrong with it really was that there was rust down by the passenger door sill. This was all fixed up for its last MOT so nothing mechanically wrong there. But I think its caused by a leak in the door. When I cleaned it, then opened the door, it emptied a load of water onto the floor!!!

When I get a chance I'll check that out. In the mean time I'm searching ebay for cheap 14/15" alloys and lowering springs!!! lol

133/225/CLS AMG
T23PHY said:
better buy some shares in back to black too ;)

in all seriousness though looks like a good tidy one

You're right there mate, it wasn't faded anyway but I used a fair bit makind it look shiny haha.

I'd love a GTT but my Megane 225 is insured under my mums name and is still £750, but the 5 is insured under my name for £350 so thats getting me no claims at a good price!! :D

133/225/CLS AMG
Feel free to recommend any mods or provide any links to things for it!! A lot of stuff I've found on places like K-Tec are for the turbo not the normal 1.4s.

I need to Renault 5 forum for non turbos.