ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's needing to go to the petrol station again?!

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
Right my 172 is averaging 34mpg which I'd normally be happy with, my old car was 42mpg. So not too much of a difference.
But my old car hardly ever need petrol, normally about £60 worth a month (I only do 2,500 miles a year), in the last 33 days iv put £140 in the 172. Iv not changed anything like driving more or bigger distances (I clearly must have though ) ,but I didn't think the difference would be this much. Anyone else found this after they got a Clio sport? Or am I just being stupid?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How have you got the figure of 34mpg?

Maybe work it out properly?

Mk4 .:R32
That doesn't make sense. If you do 2500 miles a year, so 200 ish miles a month...

And you've used £140 of fuel to cover 200 miles?

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
It's from the onboard computer, but when I bought it I didn't reset it, Iv done about 500miles because the car was about 150miles away when I bought it, so had to drive it home. I don't drive it that hard, though that second gear does tempt me at times :)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
They are abit thirsty, to thirsty reallt, im averaging about 20-27mpg i would say, £30 lasts 5days on a push,

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
Also from that £140 that iv topped it up, I'd say iv still got £30 in the tank. Must just be me being stupid.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
So you've done more than double your usual mileage (500 vs 200) and got a less economical car (34mpg vs 42mpg) and wondering why you have spent more on petrol (£140 vs £60).

Any ideas CS as I can't think why that is! ;)

They are abit thirsty, to thirsty reallt, im averaging about 20-27mpg i would say, £30 lasts 5days on a push,

You must abuse it everywhere! My old modded 172 would return 32mpg average from a mix of town driving/giving it some stick, and it was a "quick" one too.

Fabia vrs tdi
I get 200 miles from £50 in my 182 all city driving, was getting a diesel to pls the wife now keeping it lowering it getting an rs tuner n the pops n bangs remap and painting the diamonds and bullets I think after the map and my style of driving I'll be getting 150 miles to £50 that fvck she has a good job.

Inferno 182
I average 33ish normally (mixture of town commuting and B-road blasts) if i really try hard then can average 44-45 mpg a tank of fuel has lasted 2 weeks before (when in desperate need)

I dont see a problem at all with the cars just depends how heavy a right foot you have and what mods/maps are on the car, 1 guy gets 9mpg out of his with a race ecu and remap plus a few other bits, so count yourself lucky.

Megane 225 F1
I don't get it. You say your car never needed filling up with petrol. Your 1*2 does less miles to the gallon and your surprised that you need to go to the petrol station to fill up more often? Common sense isn't it.

None
I got 28mpg on a 300 mile round trip to silverstone from yorkshire two week ago, the trip computer said 31 mpg on the motorways but i must have had more fun off the motorway to bring the average down to 27 :)......i noticed the 182's are a lot more thirsty above 70 though, anything over that and the rev's climb too high, they needed a sixth gear :(

Stagecoach Ticket
dnt get these threads at all i get 40-42mpg from my 172
i normally drive 100% for fuel eco~

Any car that you rev round to the red line will drink fuel i have no idea how people manage to get mid 20s in a 172 as a daily driver you must drive like a compleate c0ck lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've not reset my trip computer for approx 5k miles and its still averaging 41mpg. 90% is motorway but i still boot it everyday.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Try doing on average £550-600 worth of vpower every 33 days like I did in my mini cooper s, thankfully the 182 has saved me, think thats because I can just set the cruise control at 60 and plod on :D