ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's been an expensive week

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
Fitted a panel filter, RS grill and new bulbs last week and was really happy with the results.

Saturday morning on my way to work the gearstick starts wobbling then a few seconds later I lose all power on a four lane junction. White van man helps me push the car off the road.

Car would start then cut out immediately.

My AA cover ran out in July and I've been putting off renewing it, so I ended up rejoining for £112, it would have been around £60 had I not needed an immediate callout.

AA came within 40mins, recharged the battery as it was running at just over 10 volts. Still no joy.

After much fiddling he removed one of the pencl coils and got to the spark plugs. They were covered in oil. He reckons it's a leaking rocker gasket?

So he replaces one of the pencil coil things for £49, which gets the car running again but advises I get straight to a garage to get the oil leak sorted.

The car is due a 72K service right away, I've been waiting on several companies to get back to me with quotes. But calling round garages on a Saturday to get seen immediately is pointless.

I've managed to get it booked in at an MOT centre for the service, cambelt change and to identify the source of the oil leak. Managed to get a very good price as my cousin works there. But they won't take it till Wednesday.

I'm now carless for a few days and I'm not even sure if the car will make the journey over to the MOT centre without cutting out again!

I was proper chuffed last week aswell as I got a xmas bonus from work, now it's been wiped out by dodgy french quality control :(

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
Yeah, if any of you have been putting off renewing your breakdown cover then DO IT!

With winter now here you don't want to be caught out :S