ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's been a while!

R26 Meg
Afternoon all,

After a quite a few years away, it's nice to see my login still works ? so just thought I'd say hello!

Having just sold my M140i (company truck meant I had no need to keep it) I wanted something cheap and fun I could take on track, so I've bought my mum's 197.

Quite a list of things I want to do but time and money will ultimately dictate what happens and when, but I'm looking forward to some track time in it, all the same.

Attachments

• IMG_2136-picsay.jpg
    IMG_2136-picsay.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 99
  R26 Meg
Yeah it's a bit short notice ?. Car looks very tidy, what's your plans for it?

?

Thank you - my mum's 65 so it's hardly had a hard life ?

Pretty sure the calipers are sticking so need to check that out (the pedal doesn't seem to do much until low down). There's also a slight rattle when setting off - I'm presuming that's due to the primary cat but I'll look into that more.

I don't want to go full blown race car so I'm thinking half cage, eventually change out the front seats (with harnesses); the steering wheels already been redone by Royal.

Performance wise, I'll change the discs and pads to something better than standard once these are worn, braided brake lines, exhaust system (not sure what yet), coilovers - although it's not exactly poor handling and eventually some different wheels.

I've been looking at a bigger throttle body but not sure how much difference it'll make to be worth it. ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah last night mate.

Seems like a nice car tbf. Not the ideal miles etc but looks maintained.

Just with what I'd like to get done it's a little more than i want to spend.

If you search my threads I've been looking for a car since November lol.

I'm sure he will get a buyer for it. Im just a fussy bugger :/

R26 Meg
Yeah last night mate.

Seems like a nice car tbf. Not the ideal miles etc but looks maintained.

Just with what I'd like to get done it's a little more than i want to spend.

If you search my threads I've been looking for a car since November lol.

I'm sure he will get a buyer for it. Im just a fussy bugger :/

Yeah the miles piled on when his job moved - so a good chunk of that is just meaningless motorway miles...... Just like the Clio, it's never seen a hard drive ?

Definitely been maintained - he's only ever had P Zero tyres on it "because that what it came with" ?

Some unrealistic money been asked for them on eBay it seems. Nice cars though!

Hope you find what you want.