ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's been a long time coming

Clio182
This is my project which has been a long time coming! Well the progress has! Bought the car Feb 2014 with the intention to modify it and get it set up to go fast on the road and the odd track day.
37a6891ba289cfa38a4f61a415df0260.jpg

With only 57000 miles on the clock it really was in fantastic condition. Progress started pretty quickly when purchasing a scorpion 192 cat-back exhaust system as soon as I had it home. Then I just started to enjoy the car and didn't bother with any more mods. As I am fortunate enough to have access to a company car the clio is just a weekend car and as the year went on and the evenings got colder I decided to take it off the road in September (clock reading 59000 miles) .

Now the fun starts and the spending began

I have spent the last 2 months preparing the car for the summer (I am late I know) and here the car is now

16 inch renault Anthracite Turinis
Toyo proxies
Scorpion 192 exhaust
Ram air induction kit with home made Ktec elbow
Eibach sport line springs all around

Every now and then I will update this when I have done more.
e4083a62176aaf0262981162cc9f10f5.jpg

Any tyre rub or exhaust hitting when going over speed bumps with the sportlines? Can't decide on them or the pro lines

Clio182
I'm yet to get the car on the road since the changes but once I do il let you know. I havnt read about any issues though so hopefully not!

I really like how's it come along and will try to get to one or two track days this year , depending on money. Where is the best value for money?

Im gonna do the track evenings at Snetterton as they are only £69 and if you bugger the car you havent wasted a whole day.

Clio182
That's a decent deal , £69 ain't much either! Shame it's a proper mooch for me . I live on the doorstep to Mallory park and they hold some track days so gonna try there and also Bedford looks like a good one to do.

The clio is being MOT'd today, took it for a spin before hand to clean the brakes as it's been sat all winter and it sounds awesome and handles like a dream! Gonna have some fun this summer ;)

Clio182
90c9630ab2460376fb6f1b00fced98c2.jpg
cd58f9fb330873d5af14f29be9d87359.jpg

She lives ! The car has been off the road for 18 months , been saving for the dreaded deposit for a house , but pleased to say the Clio is staying and got some nice plans for her this year.

On order are

Front Brembo High Carbon brake discs along with OEM Brembo pads

Goodridge Braded Brake Lines

Wishbones complete with ball joints

Aluminium drivers footrest

Caliper paint (red) and also black hammerite to freshen up the hubs etc

The car has done 61000 miles now and remains to be my everlasting project. It's great having her as a second car.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Clio182
Yeah , I paid quite a bit for it 3 years ago but iv always liked low milage cars due to the fact when I make mods etc itl hold its value for longer. Looking at clios of the same spec this is certainly the case !

Clio182
558bd21f8de171129ce9b838a8c0f337.jpg

Been a busy day today . Replaced the front brake discs for Brembo High Carbons and replaced the front Pads for Brembo OEM'S. Treated the calipers to a touch of paint too. Got its MOT on Monday.

Unsure if it matters a great deal, but you have the carriers around the wrong way mate.

Need to swap them from one side to another so they will be the other way up

Rest is all looking good though :up:

Clio182
Your joking me ?? Sh*t ! Was a right ass to get the carrier on without popping the Pads off. OMG !

just undo the 13mm bolts on the caliper and secure it out the way, then undo the carrier bolts and swap them and then whack the pads in the carriers and push the caliper over them and refit the 13mm nuts pal

Unsure how you did it before lol?

Clio182
just undo the 13mm bolts on the caliper and secure it out the way, then undo the carrier bolts and swap them and then whack the pads in the carriers and push the caliper over them and refit the 13mm nuts pal

Unsure how you did it before lol?
Iv done it now but cheers. I just removed the full calliper then removed the carrier after. It was a mission installing the new pads due to brake dust build up and the carrier was slightly pitted so had to sand them down. Was much easier this morning thanks.